Jan 20, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
One of Orlando’s TV stations (Fox 35) spent a bit of time Orlando City president Phil Rawlins, with some good pictures on where the club’s new home will be located and a few other nice drips of details.
Among them is that the latest stadium designs will feature a U-shaped design for the stands, with an opening along Church Street, one that leads into the nearby downtown area. Among the purposes is to have a gathering spot for a “march to the match” concept.
There’s also some details from Rawlins on the stadium architects.
Orlando City Soccer Club, which will be Major League Soccer’s 21st team, is set to begin 2015. Rawlins said once again on the video that the team will begin its days and nights in Major League Soccer in the Citrus Bowl with hopes of moving into the grand new ground by the summer of 2015.
- Americans Abroad Review: Guzan blanks Chelsea, Cameron steady again 0
- Steven Gerrard: “Liverpool are genuine title contenders.” Do you agree? 0
- Messi becomes Barca’s all-time leading scorer with hat trick, Iniesta nets beauty as Blaugrana hang 7 on Osasuna 0
- Woe Trafford: Rooney calls home loss to Liverpool “one of the worst days I’ve ever had in football” 0
- Tottenham 0-1 Arsenal: Early Rosicky goal, solid shape give Arsenal derby double over Spurs (video) 1
- Manchester United 0-3 Liverpool: Gerrard hits twice from the spot to send Reds second (video) 2
- VIDEO: Corinthians Hold Their First Practice at Arena de Sao Paulo
- Seven out of Top 10 Most Famous Brazilians Ever are Soccer Players
- Earthquakes Draw with RSL in 6-Goal Thriller
- Revs' Struggles at PPL Park Remain Intact Following Loss to Union
- D.C. United 2014 Roster Preview: The Defenders Edition
- Rooney Looks to Improve Partnership with RVP Ahead of Liverpool Clash
- Bruin Continues Hot Start, Dynamo Down Impact 1-0
- Red Bulls Don't Complain About Penalty Kick Call
- Liga MX Round-Up: Cruz Azul Back to Top Spot
- Olympiakos Win Their 41st Superleague Title