Jan 20, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
One of Orlando’s TV stations (Fox 35) spent a bit of time Orlando City president Phil Rawlins, with some good pictures on where the club’s new home will be located and a few other nice drips of details.
Among them is that the latest stadium designs will feature a U-shaped design for the stands, with an opening along Church Street, one that leads into the nearby downtown area. Among the purposes is to have a gathering spot for a “march to the match” concept.
There’s also some details from Rawlins on the stadium architects.
Orlando City Soccer Club, which will be Major League Soccer’s 21st team, is set to begin 2015. Rawlins said once again on the video that the team will begin its days and nights in Major League Soccer in the Citrus Bowl with hopes of moving into the grand new ground by the summer of 2015.
- CSKA Moscow 2-2 Manchester City: Citizens blow 2-0 lead, Champions League hopes in ruin 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Did Seattle, DC leapfrog LA? 0
- PST’s MLS Player of the Week: Heavy on Eastern Conference nominees 0
- Premier League player of the week – Round 8 0
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 1
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0