Jan 20, 2014, 11:04 PM EST
One man with big U.S. connections lands in the Dutch Eredivisie (Juan Agudelo … but you know that because you’ve been reading the blog, right?) while another man well connected here leaves the Netherlands’ top flight.
And it’s Major League Soccer’s gain.
Marco Pappa, who once made the left flank of Toyota Park outside Chicago home, capped weeks of speculation by announcing via Twitter his return to Major League Soccer.
Pappa said he enjoyed his time at Heerenveen in Holland but that he was definitely happy about a return stateside. Not hard to figure out why; since leaving Chicago about 16 months ago, the Guatemalan winger has played sparingly for Heerenveen.
No word on where Pappa will land, although Seattle looks like the best chance as a final destination.
Elsewhere, in something that’s really just a change of title, FC Dallas has announced that Dan Hunt is the club’s new president.
Hunt has been increasingly involved with the club’s day-to-day operations, having filled a gap left with Doug Quinn had to resign due to legal troubles. His close relationship with Oscar Pareja – Pareja was close to a number of people around the club – helped form the partnership that led to Colorado’s manager becoming FC Dallas’ manager. (Pareja will be officially introduced to local media tomorrow.)
In a move that probably should have been taken care of much earlier, Vancouver announced that Jay DeMerit has been re-signed for duty at BC Place.
Terms were not disclosed (as usual). But was there every really a doubt that new manager Carl Robinson would have a better time of it for having the highly respected veteran around?
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3