Jan 20, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Stoke City couldn’t quite get the job done against Crystal Palace, but credit goalkeeper Jack Butland for doing his part late to keep the visitors in it (in an eventual 1-0 loss). His “save” on this week’s edition of the Premier League Saves of the Week wasn’t just one stop … and not just two stops, even.
Watch how the young Potters shot-stopper (and surely a challenger somewhere down the road as England’s top man, although he’s still pretty green at age 20) turns away three shots in quick succession at Selhurst Park in South London.
Here is this week’s edition of Premier League Saves of the Week (the Round 22 edition):
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 0
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even 1
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 4
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 9
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0