Jan 21, 2014, 3:28 PM EDT
Every day between now and the end of the European transfer window, we’ll detail the day’s notable transfer activity in our Done Deal report. It hasn’t been the world’s busiest 24 hours, but there’s a bit to discuss including the confirming of an American abroad.
As always, there are plenty of rumors abounding as well. Read our roundup here.
Stoke City announced their signing of Juan Agudelo, as well as his immediate loan to FC Utrecht of the Eredivisie while the Potters attempt to get the American a work permit.
Sunderland has signed twice-capped Brazilian goalkeeper Oscar Ustari from Almeria, where he failed to make an imprint in dealing with plenty of injuries.
Ola Toivonen has sealed a move to Stade Rennes from PSV Eindhoven for an undisclosed fee. The 27-year-old Swedish international had been linked with Liverpool and Newcastle in recent months.
Alvaro Pereira is headed from Inter to Sao Paulo on loan, while Michel Bastos arrives to AS Roma from Al Ain on loan. Pereira spent time at Porto for 77 matches before going to Inter, where he appeared 33 times.
Bastos (pictured) has played everywhere, including obviously UAE, getting 10 caps for Brazil and scoring once from 2009-10. It could be another solid swoop for i Lupi, as Bastos has starred at Lyon, Lille and on loan at Schalke.
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0
- MLS salaries released, showing Kaka nets MLS-record $7.1 million 4
- Report: Chivas USA to suspend operations for at least 2 years 3
- Stoke City 1-0 Newcastle: Crouch’s header sinks Newcastle, Pardew deeper (video) 0
- Report: Minnesota United’s Miguel Ibarra to get US national team call-up 2
- Premier League Playback: Can Chelsea stay unbeaten throughout 2014-15? 0