Jan 21, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Well this won’t help the Tom Ince transfer rumors…
Sky Sports has Tweeted that Paul Ince has been sacked by Blackpool, with Barry Ferguson set to step into the manager’s seat.
Paul Ince has been in charge of the Tangerines since Feb. 2013, but the club has lost nine of their last 10 matches. That lead to crisis talks with chairman Karl Oyston yesterday, but the emerging declarations of safety for Ince are apparently for naught.
What will this mean for his son, Tom Ince? The England Under-21 player has long been one of the nation’s most talked-about transfer options, and his contract runs out this summer. It’s said that part of the consternation for his dad was whispers of a coming transfer to AS Monaco, which would theoretically net them less money than a domestic deal.
In any event, expect his name to be bandied about more than usual. In a business sense, the sacking of dad may make little difference on the dollars and cents of son’s move, though life seems tumultuous at best for the youngster. And watch out for Blackpool’s fortunes. They’ve dropped to 14th in the Championship.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1