Jan 21, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
Well this won’t help the Tom Ince transfer rumors…
Sky Sports has Tweeted that Paul Ince has been sacked by Blackpool, with Barry Ferguson set to step into the manager’s seat.
Paul Ince has been in charge of the Tangerines since Feb. 2013, but the club has lost nine of their last 10 matches. That lead to crisis talks with chairman Karl Oyston yesterday, but the emerging declarations of safety for Ince are apparently for naught.
What will this mean for his son, Tom Ince? The England Under-21 player has long been one of the nation’s most talked-about transfer options, and his contract runs out this summer. It’s said that part of the consternation for his dad was whispers of a coming transfer to AS Monaco, which would theoretically net them less money than a domestic deal.
In any event, expect his name to be bandied about more than usual. In a business sense, the sacking of dad may make little difference on the dollars and cents of son’s move, though life seems tumultuous at best for the youngster. And watch out for Blackpool’s fortunes. They’ve dropped to 14th in the Championship.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3