Jan 21, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
Well this won’t help the Tom Ince transfer rumors…
Sky Sports has Tweeted that Paul Ince has been sacked by Blackpool, with Barry Ferguson set to step into the manager’s seat.
Paul Ince has been in charge of the Tangerines since Feb. 2013, but the club has lost nine of their last 10 matches. That lead to crisis talks with chairman Karl Oyston yesterday, but the emerging declarations of safety for Ince are apparently for naught.
What will this mean for his son, Tom Ince? The England Under-21 player has long been one of the nation’s most talked-about transfer options, and his contract runs out this summer. It’s said that part of the consternation for his dad was whispers of a coming transfer to AS Monaco, which would theoretically net them less money than a domestic deal.
In any event, expect his name to be bandied about more than usual. In a business sense, the sacking of dad may make little difference on the dollars and cents of son’s move, though life seems tumultuous at best for the youngster. And watch out for Blackpool’s fortunes. They’ve dropped to 14th in the Championship.
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0