Jan 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Samuel Eto’o scored a bunch of goals the other day in Chelsea’s rout of Manchester United, but the 32-year-old striker was talking about Spain just one day later. Eto’o, who scored 108 goals in 145 matches for Barcelona, is being encouraged by his son to return to one of his other former La Liga homes. Will Eto’o finish his career at Real Mallorca?
Gary Lineker has a way with words, and as rumors continue to swirl regarding Juan Mata‘s potential move from Chelsea to Manchester United, the English pundit says the move adds plenty of optimism for attractive football from David Moyes struggling and injured side.
Modibo Maiga was a hot commodity before arriving at Upton Park, with Newcastle one of the teams “missing out” on the Malian with a decent strike record in France. With just three goals in 31 Premier League appearances for West Ham, Big Sam Allardyce is ready to move on from the disappointing transfer. Turkey’s the rumored destination.
AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari is only 29 years old. Don’t know about you, but it kinda surprised us he wasn’t older. The former teen star with Udinese is being rumored as on the move to Hull City to join the Tigers. After picking up two striking threats in Nikita Jelavic and Shane Long, Steve Bruce is looking for more of an enforcer type.
The Yohan Cabaye story lingers in the Newcastle press and Magpies supporters are surely hoping the resolution waits for the summer. Newcastle’s dynamic midfielder has been mentioned for an exit for ages and this January’s mostly been PSG as the destination. As the Northeast club may have reached an agreement to ply Remy Cabella from Montpellier in the summer, Cabaye uses the phrase “Champions League” like its going out of style.
Montpellier is now said to want a Hatem Ben Arfa loan move through the end of the season in order to get Cabella immediately. NUFC supporters can hope he leads the Magpies into Europe, fulfilling both sides desires, and that director of football Joe Kinnear isn’t lying when he says, “ ”I will not let any player leave Newcastle United in this transfer window.”
Speaking of Newcastle, they’ve entered the fray for Basel star Mohamed Salah according to Sky Sports. In December it seemed the “Egyptian Messi” was all but Liverpool’s, but as time moves on more teams are getting the Salah itch.
Julio Cesar isn’t seeing time for QPR (!!) as Rob Green has played well, and the 34-year-old is pretty much gone from Loftus Road, admits QPR chairman Tony Fernandes. The player casually mentioned Sardinia and Cagliari as options, as the 77-times capped Brazilian wants playing time before his homeland’s World Cup.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro