Jan 22, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
In Round 22 there was one headline moment that stood out above the rest, take a bow, Jose Mourinho.
Chelsea’s enigmatic manager became the fastest manager in Premier League history to record 100 wins, as he took just 142 games to reach the milestone.
Coincidentally Mourinho’s 100th win came against the same side who he recorded his first victory against: Manchester United.
A 3-1 win over the Red Devils on Sunday signaled Mourinho’s status as one of the best managers not only in the English game but across the globe.
The self proclaimed “Special One” is certainly enjoying life back in the PL for his second stint in charge of Chelsea and the 51-year-old Portuguese manager is at Stamford Bridge for the long-haul.
Expect plenty more PL records to shatter in the coming years. Congrats, Jose.
- Chelsea 2-0 West Bromwich Albion: Blues cruise past 10-man Baggies 0
- LIVE – Premier League at the half: Chelsea, Everton, Burnley lead; City even with Swansea 0
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. West Bromwich Albion (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Arsene Wenger suggests Thierry Henry could return to Arsenal as a coach 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 1