Jan 22, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
In Round 22 there was one headline moment that stood out above the rest, take a bow, Jose Mourinho.
Chelsea’s enigmatic manager became the fastest manager in Premier League history to record 100 wins, as he took just 142 games to reach the milestone.
Coincidentally Mourinho’s 100th win came against the same side who he recorded his first victory against: Manchester United.
A 3-1 win over the Red Devils on Sunday signaled Mourinho’s status as one of the best managers not only in the English game but across the globe.
The self proclaimed “Special One” is certainly enjoying life back in the PL for his second stint in charge of Chelsea and the 51-year-old Portuguese manager is at Stamford Bridge for the long-haul.
Expect plenty more PL records to shatter in the coming years. Congrats, Jose.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 6