Jan 22, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
In Round 22 there was one headline moment that stood out above the rest, take a bow, Jose Mourinho.
Chelsea’s enigmatic manager became the fastest manager in Premier League history to record 100 wins, as he took just 142 games to reach the milestone.
Coincidentally Mourinho’s 100th win came against the same side who he recorded his first victory against: Manchester United.
A 3-1 win over the Red Devils on Sunday signaled Mourinho’s status as one of the best managers not only in the English game but across the globe.
The self proclaimed “Special One” is certainly enjoying life back in the PL for his second stint in charge of Chelsea and the 51-year-old Portuguese manager is at Stamford Bridge for the long-haul.
Expect plenty more PL records to shatter in the coming years. Congrats, Jose.
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has come Premier League villain No. 1 1
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic insures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 5
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 2
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0