Jan 22, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
In Round 22 there was one headline moment that stood out above the rest, take a bow, Jose Mourinho.
Chelsea’s enigmatic manager became the fastest manager in Premier League history to record 100 wins, as he took just 142 games to reach the milestone.
Coincidentally Mourinho’s 100th win came against the same side who he recorded his first victory against: Manchester United.
A 3-1 win over the Red Devils on Sunday signaled Mourinho’s status as one of the best managers not only in the English game but across the globe.
The self proclaimed “Special One” is certainly enjoying life back in the PL for his second stint in charge of Chelsea and the 51-year-old Portuguese manager is at Stamford Bridge for the long-haul.
Expect plenty more PL records to shatter in the coming years. Congrats, Jose.
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1