Jan 22, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Vancouver Whitecaps captain Jay DeMerit has covered a lot of ground during his soccer journeys. He’s been so very many things.
He was a longshot dreamer coming out of the United States – but one who climbed and climbed and made it to the England’s upper tiers.
Then he was a World Cup starter. And somewhere along the way, DeMerit became a bit of a movie star, the central character in his own fascinating story.
Later, he was a returning MLS hero, making his way back into the top league of the United States and Canada and establishing himself as a Vancouver Whitecaps’ building block.
Now, the man has added something else to his personal CV: Magazine cover boy! Eat your heart out David Beckham.
DeMerit, by the way, recently re-signed with the Whitecaps. We talked just a few weeks ago about why that’s such a good thing for the club, now entering a new day under new manager Carl Robinson.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1