Jan 22, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Vancouver Whitecaps captain Jay DeMerit has covered a lot of ground during his soccer journeys. He’s been so very many things.
He was a longshot dreamer coming out of the United States – but one who climbed and climbed and made it to the England’s upper tiers.
Then he was a World Cup starter. And somewhere along the way, DeMerit became a bit of a movie star, the central character in his own fascinating story.
Later, he was a returning MLS hero, making his way back into the top league of the United States and Canada and establishing himself as a Vancouver Whitecaps’ building block.
Now, the man has added something else to his personal CV: Magazine cover boy! Eat your heart out David Beckham.
DeMerit, by the way, recently re-signed with the Whitecaps. We talked just a few weeks ago about why that’s such a good thing for the club, now entering a new day under new manager Carl Robinson.
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 0
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 11
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1