Jan 22, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Vancouver Whitecaps captain Jay DeMerit has covered a lot of ground during his soccer journeys. He’s been so very many things.
He was a longshot dreamer coming out of the United States – but one who climbed and climbed and made it to the England’s upper tiers.
Then he was a World Cup starter. And somewhere along the way, DeMerit became a bit of a movie star, the central character in his own fascinating story.
Later, he was a returning MLS hero, making his way back into the top league of the United States and Canada and establishing himself as a Vancouver Whitecaps’ building block.
Now, the man has added something else to his personal CV: Magazine cover boy! Eat your heart out David Beckham.
DeMerit, by the way, recently re-signed with the Whitecaps. We talked just a few weeks ago about why that’s such a good thing for the club, now entering a new day under new manager Carl Robinson.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0