Jan 23, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Cazorla, 28, has had a largely stop-start season for the Gunners after several nagging injuries has seen the Spaniard struggle to hit the form he showcased last season. However Cazorla came up trumps when it mattered, as he struck twice to down the Cottagers and keep Arsenal top of the Premier League standings.
Cazorla’s first goal came in the 57th minute as he started the move on the left flank before ghosting towards the penalty spot and finished off a Jack Wilshere set up to make it 1-0. Then five minutes later Cazorla grabbed his and Arsenal’s second of the game, as he was given far too much time on the edge of the box to line up a low shot with his left foot which he caressed perfectly into the bottom corner.
Arsenal are beginning to see the benfits of a fully-fit Cazorla, as the Gunners game-winner takes home the PL Player of the Week gong for Round 22.
Muy bien Santi, muy bien.
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6