Jan 23, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Cazorla, 28, has had a largely stop-start season for the Gunners after several nagging injuries has seen the Spaniard struggle to hit the form he showcased last season. However Cazorla came up trumps when it mattered, as he struck twice to down the Cottagers and keep Arsenal top of the Premier League standings.
Cazorla’s first goal came in the 57th minute as he started the move on the left flank before ghosting towards the penalty spot and finished off a Jack Wilshere set up to make it 1-0. Then five minutes later Cazorla grabbed his and Arsenal’s second of the game, as he was given far too much time on the edge of the box to line up a low shot with his left foot which he caressed perfectly into the bottom corner.
Arsenal are beginning to see the benfits of a fully-fit Cazorla, as the Gunners game-winner takes home the PL Player of the Week gong for Round 22.
Muy bien Santi, muy bien.
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1