Jan 23, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
What else is cooking? Eye the stove…
Michael Essien could leave Stamford Bridge on loan for AC Milan if his agent has his way. Essien has appeared in just five Premier League fixtures for Jose Mourinho, will three of those lasted seven minutes or less.
As mentioned above, Morinho has theoretically already turned “Mata money” into Mohamed Saleh and the Telegraph whispers that the sale could be part of a plan to trap Ross Barkley, though that wouldn’t be anything happening soon. The Everton youngster and the “Egyptian Messi” with the money from a Spanish midfielder barely used? Special, indeed. Antoine Greizmann of Real Sociedad is a more immediate target of Mourinho’s, according to The Sun.
Sky Sports says Norwich’s Wes Hoolahan has had a transfer request denied, but that a reunion with Paul Lambert at Aston Villa is still desired by the player and boss. And could it be two Chelsea players in a few days for the Villans, as Gael Kakuta could join Ryan Bertrand at Villa Park?
Tony Pulis continues to seek reinforcements for Crystal Palace’s relegation scrap. The baseball-cap enthusiast is now looking toward an enemy. Brighton winger Will Buckley is his latest target, according to the London Evening Standard. Sunderland tried to get Buckley for 1.5 million pounds but were rebuffed earlier this month.
On load from Chelsea, Eden Hazard‘s little brother has been tearing up the pitch for Zulte Waregem. Thorgen Hazard’s performance was enough to draw interest from Belgian giants Anderlecht, where American mid Sacha Kljestan plies his trade, but Thorgen’s had enough of the rumor mill. He’s staying on loan at ZW.
Would a swap of Chicharito be enough to bring Fredy Guarin from Inter Milan to Old Trafford? Seems bizarre, but that’s a rumor going around several outlets.
Leicester’s banner year in the Championship could hit three snags, as goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel is wanted by AC Milan and Fulham are looking at Jeffrey Schlupp and Liam Moore.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro