Jan 24, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Radamel Falcao’s season-ending injury has not stopped AS Monaco from sending giant Ivorian striker Lacina Traore to the Premier League on loan, though the location changed over the past month.
After leaving Russia to join the rich French club in December, the 6-foot-8 striker was slated to move to West Ham on loan. That all collapsed for Big Sam, as Everton announced today that they’ve reached an agreement with Monaco to bring Traore to Goodison Park.
Traore had yet to appear for Monaco but will be welcome in Everton’s strike force, which is pretty thin behind Romelu Lukaku. Gerard Deulofeu and Arouna Kone are injured, with Steven Naismith and limited experience filling out the roster.
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 4
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 11
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 3
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 3
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2