Jan 24, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Radamel Falcao’s season-ending injury has not stopped AS Monaco from sending giant Ivorian striker Lacina Traore to the Premier League on loan, though the location changed over the past month.
After leaving Russia to join the rich French club in December, the 6-foot-8 striker was slated to move to West Ham on loan. That all collapsed for Big Sam, as Everton announced today that they’ve reached an agreement with Monaco to bring Traore to Goodison Park.
Traore had yet to appear for Monaco but will be welcome in Everton’s strike force, which is pretty thin behind Romelu Lukaku. Gerard Deulofeu and Arouna Kone are injured, with Steven Naismith and limited experience filling out the roster.
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 1
- It’s all-but-official as Juventus says thanks to Pirlo, wishes him best with New York City 0
- GLORY IN PHOTOS: Our favorite shots from the USWNT’s winning evening in Vancouver 0
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 0
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 0