Jan 24, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Radamel Falcao’s season-ending injury has not stopped AS Monaco from sending giant Ivorian striker Lacina Traore to the Premier League on loan, though the location changed over the past month.
After leaving Russia to join the rich French club in December, the 6-foot-8 striker was slated to move to West Ham on loan. That all collapsed for Big Sam, as Everton announced today that they’ve reached an agreement with Monaco to bring Traore to Goodison Park.
Traore had yet to appear for Monaco but will be welcome in Everton’s strike force, which is pretty thin behind Romelu Lukaku. Gerard Deulofeu and Arouna Kone are injured, with Steven Naismith and limited experience filling out the roster.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6