Jan 24, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Radamel Falcao’s season-ending injury has not stopped AS Monaco from sending giant Ivorian striker Lacina Traore to the Premier League on loan, though the location changed over the past month.
After leaving Russia to join the rich French club in December, the 6-foot-8 striker was slated to move to West Ham on loan. That all collapsed for Big Sam, as Everton announced today that they’ve reached an agreement with Monaco to bring Traore to Goodison Park.
Traore had yet to appear for Monaco but will be welcome in Everton’s strike force, which is pretty thin behind Romelu Lukaku. Gerard Deulofeu and Arouna Kone are injured, with Steven Naismith and limited experience filling out the roster.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 3
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 3
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3