Jan 24, 2014, 10:24 AM EST
Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund, his former club, have been on alert as Shinji Kagawa observes the arrival of Juan Mata to Old Trafford. His place in the team and use have often been questioned under new boss David Moyes, but the player’s agent says “cool it” with the exit talk for the 24-year-old.
Edinson Cavani is not happy playing wide man to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and may be ready to leave Paris Saint-Germain after only months on the job, though reports imply a summer move. The Daily Mail says this is a matter for Manchester United. No big deal, he only cost 54 million pounds.
Romulo, though, is a different story for Premier League sides. The 23-year-old Brazilian could be tempted away from Russia as Liverpool enters a fray that’s said to already include Arsenal and Chelsea. He’s been capped eight times for the 2014 World Cup hosts and signed for Spartak Moscow for 8 million Euros in 2012.
There was a brief bit of Hulk-related chaos that did not involve smashing, rather his landing in England… as a stopover on a trip to Portugal. The Zenit star is traveling during Russia’s winter break and just happened to post a picture in England. Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal are all presumably bummed at the presumed false alarm.
Sam Allardyce is looking toward Italy for loan help in West Ham’s relegation scrap. How would Andy Carroll and company be affected by the additions of veterans Marco Borriello (AS Roma) and Antonio Nocerino (AC Milan)?
Sky Sports understands that Emmanuel Frimpong is not long for Arsenal, suggesting that the 22-year-old Ghanian will be gone from the Emirates by the end of the January transfer window.
There are two Icelandic folks in the news, as Liverpool is being linked with Ajax striker Kolbeinn Sigþórsson and Crystal Palace is attempting to pry Iceland national team captain Aron Einar Gunnarsson away from Cardiff City. In the case of the former, Harry Redknapp and Queens Park Rangers wanted him but the player’s representatives said they don’t want any part of the Championship. Poor Harry.
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 4
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- U.S. Soccer confirms three-game send-off series ahead of 2014 World Cup 3
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge
- Egyptian Player Banned for Using 'Sisi' Sign
- Houston Dynamo Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season
- Vancouver Whitecaps: Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season