Jan 24, 2014, 9:27 AM EDT
The youngest active player in MLS will remain so… at least for now.
Those who pay attention to the rising young names in Major League Soccer have likely heard of Erik Palmer-Brown, and apparently so has the world. Sports Illustrated’s Grant Wahl is reporting that Juventus bid $1 million for the 16-year-old American defender.
Sporting KC has rejected the bid from “The Old Lady”, according to Wahl. Palmer-Brown became the youngest player in Sporting KC history back in August when he signed a professional contract. He’s the third Homegrown Player to sign a deal with KC, has represented the US at the U-18 level and, as Wahl states, was recently called into training with Tab Ramos’ U-20 side.
Palmer-Brown hails from Missouri and has been with Sporting KC since he was 11. Turning down $1 million is significant for any player, let alone a high-school aged kid, but the fact remains that not only would KC love to see the kid thrive in America, but they know his value will at-worst remain the same if not rise.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 0
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear