Jan 24, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Corriere dello Sport’s Gabriele Marcotti is one of several sources with the news that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien‘s rumored move to AC Milan is happening.
It’s reportedly a free move and an 18-month deal, as Essien’s deal with the Blues was slated to run through 2015. The 31-year-old is expected to undergo a medical later Friday.
The Ghanian wants regular playing time ahead of this summer’s World Cup and would finish his Chelsea career with 250 appearances and 20 goals across all competitions. He was Chelsea’s player of the year in 2007 and won four FA Cups, two Premier League titles, one League Cup and one Champions League title.
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 2
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs