Jan 24, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
Corriere dello Sport’s Gabriele Marcotti is one of several sources with the news that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien‘s rumored move to AC Milan is happening.
It’s reportedly a free move and an 18-month deal, as Essien’s deal with the Blues was slated to run through 2015. The 31-year-old is expected to undergo a medical later Friday.
The Ghanian wants regular playing time ahead of this summer’s World Cup and would finish his Chelsea career with 250 appearances and 20 goals across all competitions. He was Chelsea’s player of the year in 2007 and won four FA Cups, two Premier League titles, one League Cup and one Champions League title.
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0