Jan 24, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
Corriere dello Sport’s Gabriele Marcotti is one of several sources with the news that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien‘s rumored move to AC Milan is happening.
It’s reportedly a free move and an 18-month deal, as Essien’s deal with the Blues was slated to run through 2015. The 31-year-old is expected to undergo a medical later Friday.
The Ghanian wants regular playing time ahead of this summer’s World Cup and would finish his Chelsea career with 250 appearances and 20 goals across all competitions. He was Chelsea’s player of the year in 2007 and won four FA Cups, two Premier League titles, one League Cup and one Champions League title.
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1