Jan 24, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Corriere dello Sport’s Gabriele Marcotti is one of several sources with the news that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien‘s rumored move to AC Milan is happening.
It’s reportedly a free move and an 18-month deal, as Essien’s deal with the Blues was slated to run through 2015. The 31-year-old is expected to undergo a medical later Friday.
The Ghanian wants regular playing time ahead of this summer’s World Cup and would finish his Chelsea career with 250 appearances and 20 goals across all competitions. He was Chelsea’s player of the year in 2007 and won four FA Cups, two Premier League titles, one League Cup and one Champions League title.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0