Jan 24, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
Corriere dello Sport’s Gabriele Marcotti is one of several sources with the news that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien‘s rumored move to AC Milan is happening.
It’s reportedly a free move and an 18-month deal, as Essien’s deal with the Blues was slated to run through 2015. The 31-year-old is expected to undergo a medical later Friday.
The Ghanian wants regular playing time ahead of this summer’s World Cup and would finish his Chelsea career with 250 appearances and 20 goals across all competitions. He was Chelsea’s player of the year in 2007 and won four FA Cups, two Premier League titles, one League Cup and one Champions League title.
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 3
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0
- What to expect as USA, Premier League star Geoff Cameron joins ProSoccerTalk 1
- FIFA saga takes new twist: World Cup corruption report to be reviewed 0