Jan 24, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Corriere dello Sport’s Gabriele Marcotti is one of several sources with the news that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien‘s rumored move to AC Milan is happening.
It’s reportedly a free move and an 18-month deal, as Essien’s deal with the Blues was slated to run through 2015. The 31-year-old is expected to undergo a medical later Friday.
The Ghanian wants regular playing time ahead of this summer’s World Cup and would finish his Chelsea career with 250 appearances and 20 goals across all competitions. He was Chelsea’s player of the year in 2007 and won four FA Cups, two Premier League titles, one League Cup and one Champions League title.
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 0
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 4
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 10
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 5
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 5
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8