Jan 25, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Let’s all say it together: “What offseason?”
Yes, it’s over — and I’ve known people who were on longer juice fasts.
Sporting Kansas City lifted the MLS Cup trophy seven weeks ago – and yet most teams around the 19-year-old were on the practice field today.
Seattle is already making news … and more on that in a later post.
We know for sure that Carlo Cudicini will not be in the LA Galaxy camp, putting a punctuation mark on the end of that oddball chapter. The Italian goalkeeper who flubbed at the StubHub Center had seemed to just vanish last year after losing his starting spot, with little explanation from the club.
The Timbers, expected to challenge in the West this year, were on the training ground today but also making news off the field. Maybe, anyway, as reports have the club potentially targeting its fifth Argentine player in the last two years?
Whereas most teams are already on the field, a few will be a day or so behind. In Chicago, for instance, the players reported Saturday for physicals. And as they did, word circulated from official channels that the club is among those interested in signing Marco Pappa. That would be a homecoming, of course, as Toyota Park is where the Guatemalan international launched himself into Europe.
- USMNT legend McBride, Jaguars president helping select Fulham manager 0
- Confirmed: Rooney out three Manchester United matches after red card 0
- Premier League player of the week – Round 6 0
- PST’s MLS Player of the Week: An L.A. Galaxy guy for sure, but who? 0
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0
- MLS salaries released, showing Kaka nets MLS-record $7.1 million 4