Jan 25, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Let’s all say it together: “What offseason?”
Yes, it’s over — and I’ve known people who were on longer juice fasts.
Sporting Kansas City lifted the MLS Cup trophy seven weeks ago – and yet most teams around the 19-year-old were on the practice field today.
Seattle is already making news … and more on that in a later post.
We know for sure that Carlo Cudicini will not be in the LA Galaxy camp, putting a punctuation mark on the end of that oddball chapter. The Italian goalkeeper who flubbed at the StubHub Center had seemed to just vanish last year after losing his starting spot, with little explanation from the club.
The Timbers, expected to challenge in the West this year, were on the training ground today but also making news off the field. Maybe, anyway, as reports have the club potentially targeting its fifth Argentine player in the last two years?
Whereas most teams are already on the field, a few will be a day or so behind. In Chicago, for instance, the players reported Saturday for physicals. And as they did, word circulated from official channels that the club is among those interested in signing Marco Pappa. That would be a homecoming, of course, as Toyota Park is where the Guatemalan international launched himself into Europe.
- 2015 Gold Cup: With the rest of CONCACAF making strides, this is USMNT’s chance to show they are, too 3
- New York City mayor could give USWNT ticker tape parade in Manhattan 1
- After Women’s World Cup triumph, Wambach, Ellis face questions about 2016 Olympics 0
- 2015 Copa America: Champions Chile dominate Team of the Tournament 0
- 2015 Gold Cup preview: United States look to defend title 0
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 9