Jan 26, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The weekend’s been full of FA Cup Fourth Round action, but there’s been surprisingly little giant-killing this time around. Nine Premier League sides have made it through to the final 16, where they’ve been joined by four Championship clubs. Two more teams will be added to the list today, with the final slot decided after a replay between Nottingham Forest and Preston North End.
Along with Preston, there’s just one other League One side that still has a chance to make it to the next round. Sheffield United host Fulham at 8 a.m. ET on Sunday, with Nigel Clough hoping his side might be lifted by a surprise victory against the Premier League club. The Blades aren’t having an easy time of it in the league, where they’re trying to avoid being dropped to League 2. But the hosts did manage to beat Aston Villa at Villa Park at the beginning of the month, so they’re hoping to take advantage of another struggling side in Fulham. The visitors have pulled themselves out of the relegation zone but are hanging on by just a point, and might be a bit weary after beating Norwich 3-0 in a replay before losing 2-0 to Arsenal last week.
The final match of this round (excluding replays) sees Stoke visiting Stamford Bridge at 10:30 a.m. ET. The Potters, who faced Leicester City last time out, had some worse luck this time, drawing away at third-place Chelsea. But it’s ok: Fernando Torres is out with injury, so that’s one goalscoring threat gone, plus Stoke could see the return of goalkeeper Asmir Begović, who’s sure to help them keep the score respectable. Unfortunately for the visitors, José Mourinho will see no need to rest players for the league match midweek, as that’s against West Ham.
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3