Jan 26, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
The weekend’s been full of FA Cup Fourth Round action, but there’s been surprisingly little giant-killing this time around. Nine Premier League sides have made it through to the final 16, where they’ve been joined by four Championship clubs. Two more teams will be added to the list today, with the final slot decided after a replay between Nottingham Forest and Preston North End.
Along with Preston, there’s just one other League One side that still has a chance to make it to the next round. Sheffield United host Fulham at 8 a.m. ET on Sunday, with Nigel Clough hoping his side might be lifted by a surprise victory against the Premier League club. The Blades aren’t having an easy time of it in the league, where they’re trying to avoid being dropped to League 2. But the hosts did manage to beat Aston Villa at Villa Park at the beginning of the month, so they’re hoping to take advantage of another struggling side in Fulham. The visitors have pulled themselves out of the relegation zone but are hanging on by just a point, and might be a bit weary after beating Norwich 3-0 in a replay before losing 2-0 to Arsenal last week.
The final match of this round (excluding replays) sees Stoke visiting Stamford Bridge at 10:30 a.m. ET. The Potters, who faced Leicester City last time out, had some worse luck this time, drawing away at third-place Chelsea. But it’s ok: Fernando Torres is out with injury, so that’s one goalscoring threat gone, plus Stoke could see the return of goalkeeper Asmir Begović, who’s sure to help them keep the score respectable. Unfortunately for the visitors, José Mourinho will see no need to rest players for the league match midweek, as that’s against West Ham.
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 2
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keep Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls