Jan 27, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
I always say, don’t argue with guys who build gazillion dollar casinos, the kind with a bunch of $400 bathroom sinks lined up 18 across.
The point is, they didn’t reap the high stacks of cash required to build those opulent behemoths by being bad at the gambling business. They know their stuff.
That said, we’ll make a couple of quick points about the early, early MLS Championship odds. (Posted below, from the biggie online betting site Bovada.)
Interesting that Portland, which made so much progress last year in Caleb Porter’s first season, weren’t a little closer to the L.A. Galaxy as top favorite. There’s no reason to believe that Porter cannot further improve on things around Jeld-Wen Field.
The Houston Dynamo at 12-1 (seventh best odds)? I suppose that’s about right, but would it really shock anyone to see another deep run, or even another MLS Cup appearance from a Dominic Kinnear team? They’ll just kind of paddle along like usual, probably finish third or fourth in the East, as usual, and then they’ll eliminate a higher seeded team or two. As usual.
The best dark horse bet: The Vancouver Whitecaps, even without Golden Boot winner Camilo, have something better than 33-1 talent.
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 0
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1