Jan 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Southampton maintained nearly 75% of the possession in the opening 20 minutes of play, and it paid off for the home side as they’ve gone ahead of the Premier League leaders.
The goal came on the hosts’s fifth shot, while Arsenal yet to have an attempt on goal. In a match that originally looked like Southampton were looking to play on the break, Mauricio Pochettino‘s side soon realized they were able to bag most of the possession, and took advantage.
The cross came in from youngster Luke Shaw, who is rumored to be the subject of a number of big-money bids from top clubs in the Premier League.
Arsenal will likely need to complete a comeback if they are to retain their leading status atop the Premier League table, but with Southampton continuing to batter their half, there’s a real upset bid on our hands.
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 0
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2