Jan 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Southampton maintained nearly 75% of the possession in the opening 20 minutes of play, and it paid off for the home side as they’ve gone ahead of the Premier League leaders.
The goal came on the hosts’s fifth shot, while Arsenal yet to have an attempt on goal. In a match that originally looked like Southampton were looking to play on the break, Mauricio Pochettino‘s side soon realized they were able to bag most of the possession, and took advantage.
The cross came in from youngster Luke Shaw, who is rumored to be the subject of a number of big-money bids from top clubs in the Premier League.
Arsenal will likely need to complete a comeback if they are to retain their leading status atop the Premier League table, but with Southampton continuing to batter their half, there’s a real upset bid on our hands.
- What will Jurgen Klinsmann’s USMNT roster look like for 2015 Gold Cup? 1
- April Fools! The top gags that actually fooled soccer fans on this day 4
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Player of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Coach of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 3
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 3