Jan 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Southampton maintained nearly 75% of the possession in the opening 20 minutes of play, and it paid off for the home side as they’ve gone ahead of the Premier League leaders.
The goal came on the hosts’s fifth shot, while Arsenal yet to have an attempt on goal. In a match that originally looked like Southampton were looking to play on the break, Mauricio Pochettino‘s side soon realized they were able to bag most of the possession, and took advantage.
The cross came in from youngster Luke Shaw, who is rumored to be the subject of a number of big-money bids from top clubs in the Premier League.
Arsenal will likely need to complete a comeback if they are to retain their leading status atop the Premier League table, but with Southampton continuing to batter their half, there’s a real upset bid on our hands.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 0
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 6
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 3
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0