Jan 28, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
It’s a pulsating clash at Anfield and now the home side have the lead with three quick-fire goals for Liverpool.
After plenty of chances for both teams Liverpool had more efforts on goal but an anxious home crowd seemed wary whenever the Toffees surged forward.
But all those nerves dissipated when captain fantastic Steven Gerrard hammered home a header into from a fizzing corner from Suarez in the 21st minute to send Anfield wild. Suarez was getting lambasted by the Everton fans before the corner kick in front of the away supporters… but he soon had the last laugh.
Cries of “Steve Gerrard, Gerrard” rung around Anfield as the home side went 1-0 up and Everton were rocking.
Then Sturridge delivered a sublime finish for his second and Liverpool’s third with a marvelous lob over the advancing USMNT ‘keeper Tim Howard as Anfield erupted into scenes of euphoria.
Can Liverpool pile on more misery? Or will Everton launch a massive comeback? Watch the second half live by clicking the link above.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5