Jan 28, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
It’s a pulsating clash at Anfield and now the home side have the lead with three quick-fire goals for Liverpool.
After plenty of chances for both teams Liverpool had more efforts on goal but an anxious home crowd seemed wary whenever the Toffees surged forward.
But all those nerves dissipated when captain fantastic Steven Gerrard hammered home a header into from a fizzing corner from Suarez in the 21st minute to send Anfield wild. Suarez was getting lambasted by the Everton fans before the corner kick in front of the away supporters… but he soon had the last laugh.
Cries of “Steve Gerrard, Gerrard” rung around Anfield as the home side went 1-0 up and Everton were rocking.
Then Sturridge delivered a sublime finish for his second and Liverpool’s third with a marvelous lob over the advancing USMNT ‘keeper Tim Howard as Anfield erupted into scenes of euphoria.
Can Liverpool pile on more misery? Or will Everton launch a massive comeback? Watch the second half live by clicking the link above.
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return 1
- Swansea’s Bafetimbi Gomis stretchered off the pitch after appearing to collapse 1
- Watch Live: West Ham United vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 28 0