Jan 28, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
- Hull haven’t won at Selhurst Park in their last 10 visits, dating back to 1985
- Palace kept six clean sheets in their last 12 and have let in just 10 goals
- Hull have only won six of their 49 away games in PL history
Crystal Palace welcome Hull City to South London (Watch live online, 2:45pm ET via NBC Sports Live Extra) on Tuesday, with the Eagles desperate to climb further out of trouble.
Palace have enjoyed plenty of shutout wins since Tony Pulis took charge in November and after taking 16 points from the last 33 available, and the South Londoners have a real chance of staying in the PL. As for Hull, their dramatic slide continues as a defeat away at Palace would see the Tigers level on points with their fellow newly-promoted side. That will be a big worry, after Steve Bruce’s team had such a tremendous start to the campaign but have slumped alarmingly since the festive period.
This match will be a tight and tense affair, but Palace must fancy their chances of grinding out another crucial win to drag themselves away from the relegation zone and chuck Hull and plenty of other teams into the mix.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Puncheon, Ward, Jedinak, Bolasie, Chamakh, Jerome. Subs: Price, McCarthy, O’Keefe, Williams, Bannan, Wilbraham, Gayle
Hull City: McGregor, Bruce, Davies, McShane, Rosenior, Elmohamady, Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Jelavic, Long. Subs: Harper, Faye, Quinn, Koren, Boyd, Fryatt, Sagbo
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Inter Milan (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 11
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 6
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3