Jan 28, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
- Hull haven’t won at Selhurst Park in their last 10 visits, dating back to 1985
- Palace kept six clean sheets in their last 12 and have let in just 10 goals
- Hull have only won six of their 49 away games in PL history
Crystal Palace welcome Hull City to South London (Watch live online, 2:45pm ET via NBC Sports Live Extra) on Tuesday, with the Eagles desperate to climb further out of trouble.
Palace have enjoyed plenty of shutout wins since Tony Pulis took charge in November and after taking 16 points from the last 33 available, and the South Londoners have a real chance of staying in the PL. As for Hull, their dramatic slide continues as a defeat away at Palace would see the Tigers level on points with their fellow newly-promoted side. That will be a big worry, after Steve Bruce’s team had such a tremendous start to the campaign but have slumped alarmingly since the festive period.
This match will be a tight and tense affair, but Palace must fancy their chances of grinding out another crucial win to drag themselves away from the relegation zone and chuck Hull and plenty of other teams into the mix.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Puncheon, Ward, Jedinak, Bolasie, Chamakh, Jerome. Subs: Price, McCarthy, O’Keefe, Williams, Bannan, Wilbraham, Gayle
Hull City: McGregor, Bruce, Davies, McShane, Rosenior, Elmohamady, Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Jelavic, Long. Subs: Harper, Faye, Quinn, Koren, Boyd, Fryatt, Sagbo
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 2
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 10
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 2
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 0
- Qatar/Russia World Cup bidding investigation delayed until September 6
- Report: Bayern Munich confirms Julian Green on first team for US trip 10