Jan 28, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
News of a possible club-record signing is blasting its way through minds of the Fulham faithful, but first they must focus on a must-win game.
With Rene Meulensteen using literally a completely new squad for their match two days ago in the FA Cup, it’s clear what remains the Fulham boss’s top priority.
Against a struggling Swansea side, Fulham see a glimmer of hope in a possible three points in a bog of tough fixtures on the horizon. A win today would see them leapfrog their opponents on the pitch. However, they’ll have to do it on the road against a side whose striker is finding his best groove yet.
With the Fulham squad in a state of flux as the transfer deadline approaches, there are some hints as to the future of a few players in his lineup today. The biggest is Dimitar Berbatov‘s inclusion, backing up Meulensteen’s insistence that the Bulgarian is not for sale and no bids have been received.
Also, Adel Taarabt is not in the 18, with rumors of his exit for AC Milan as QPR look to negotiate a swap deal for Cristian Zaccardo.
For Swansea, they’re looking to themselves get back on track. They’re winless in the Premier League since December 4, and have dropped three straight matches.
The Swans have also made transfer noise, signing David Ngog from Bolton until the end of the season, and although he was registered in time to feature against Fulham, he is not in manager Michael Laudrup‘s selection.
Fulham – Stekelenburg; Riether, Hangeland, Burn, Richardson; Dejagah, Parker, Sidwell, Kačaniklić, Dempsey; Berbatov.
Bench – Stockdale, Hughes, Christensen, Duff, Tankovic, Bent, Rodallega.
- Report: Diego Costa could be out four to six weeks with hamstring injury 0
- Transfer needs – Everton, Hull, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City 1
- Olivier Giroud undergoes ankle surgery, out 3-4 months for Arsenal 0
- $410 million Las Vegas soccer stadium deal closer; next stop, Major League Soccer… 13
- Report: Arsenal bid $82 million for Edinson Cavani. Remy, Falcao, Welbeck linked 9
- Confirmed: Neil Warnock takes over at Crystal Palace; what will he bring? 0