Rodgers hopeful of bringing “major signing” to Anfield before window slams shut; is it Ukrainian national winger?
Jan 29, 2014, 9:08 AM EST
Brendan Rodgers boys are back in form, with SAS combining for three goals after Steven Gerrard got the Merseyside fireworks started as Liverpool provided the home crowd a rollicking 4-0 win over Everton on Tuesday evening.
And the manager is hopeful to add to his high-powered squad, paraphrased by our own Joe Prince-Wright on Twitter.
— Joe Prince-Wright (@JPW_NBCSports) January 28, 2014
Could Yehven Konoplyanka be the man for Anfield? The 24-year-old Dnipro winger has 33 goals in 157 appearances for the Ukrainian club and has produced eight goals and six assists in 19 appearances this season.
The player’s father, Oleg, told Sky Sports:
“I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true. He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine.”
Yehven Konoplyanka has been capped 35 times by the Ukraine, striking eight times, including in a 2014 World Cup qualifier against England at Wembley.
Also, Wikipedia says he’s a black belt in karate. So he’s got that going for him… which is nice.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0