Rodgers hopeful of bringing “major signing” to Anfield before window slams shut; is it Ukrainian national winger?
Jan 29, 2014, 9:08 AM EDT
Brendan Rodgers boys are back in form, with SAS combining for three goals after Steven Gerrard got the Merseyside fireworks started as Liverpool provided the home crowd a rollicking 4-0 win over Everton on Tuesday evening.
And the manager is hopeful to add to his high-powered squad, paraphrased by our own Joe Prince-Wright on Twitter.
— Joe Prince-Wright (@JPW_NBCSports) January 28, 2014
Could Yehven Konoplyanka be the man for Anfield? The 24-year-old Dnipro winger has 33 goals in 157 appearances for the Ukrainian club and has produced eight goals and six assists in 19 appearances this season.
The player’s father, Oleg, told Sky Sports:
“I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true. He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine.”
Yehven Konoplyanka has been capped 35 times by the Ukraine, striking eight times, including in a 2014 World Cup qualifier against England at Wembley.
Also, Wikipedia says he’s a black belt in karate. So he’s got that going for him… which is nice.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1