Rodgers hopeful of bringing “major signing” to Anfield before window slams shut; is it Ukrainian national winger?
Jan 29, 2014, 9:08 AM EDT
Brendan Rodgers boys are back in form, with SAS combining for three goals after Steven Gerrard got the Merseyside fireworks started as Liverpool provided the home crowd a rollicking 4-0 win over Everton on Tuesday evening.
And the manager is hopeful to add to his high-powered squad, paraphrased by our own Joe Prince-Wright on Twitter.
— Joe Prince-Wright (@JPW_NBCSports) January 28, 2014
Could Yehven Konoplyanka be the man for Anfield? The 24-year-old Dnipro winger has 33 goals in 157 appearances for the Ukrainian club and has produced eight goals and six assists in 19 appearances this season.
The player’s father, Oleg, told Sky Sports:
“I do not want to say specifically but the information about a transfer to the English club is true. He can change clubs later this week. We do not consider offers from Ukraine.”
Yehven Konoplyanka has been capped 35 times by the Ukraine, striking eight times, including in a 2014 World Cup qualifier against England at Wembley.
Also, Wikipedia says he’s a black belt in karate. So he’s got that going for him… which is nice.
- Robbie Keane: One of the greatest goalscorers of all-time? 0
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Peru 10
- Three things we learned from USMNT’s comeback win vs. Peru 0
- USMNT 2-1 Peru: Altidore double leads USA to come-from-behind win 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6