Jan 29, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
Chelsea has the chance to go top of the Premier League with a win against London rivals West Ham on Wednesday night (watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra, 2:45pm ET) so all eyes will be on Stamford Bridge.
Jose Mourinho’s Blues have been in ominous form of late, winning their last seven games and keeping five clean sheets in those victories. As for West Ham, it’s been quite the opposite as Sam Allardyce’s side continue to struggle at the wrong end of the table with five defeats from their last six.
The Hammers haven’t won at the Bridge since a Paolo Di Canio inspired victory back in 2002, and will be looking to grab anything they can get from their trip across the English capital.
Mourinho has never lost at home in 70 Premier League games in charge of Chelsea.
Chelsea have won 12 of their last 15 games against West Ham, and Allardyce has picked up two points inseven games against Mourinho in his managerial career. All signs point to a Chelsea win as the Blues look to overtake Arsenal at the summit.
But can West Ham cause a huge upset?
In team news Chelsea are missing Fernando Torres and Marco van Ginkel, while new signing Mohamed Salah has not yet arrived in England. Samuel Eto’o plays up top, with Oscar Eden Hazard and Willian supporting him.
West Ham: Adrian, Demel, Tomkins, Collins, O’Brien, Noble, Taylor, Nolan, Downing, Diame, Carroll. Subs: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Jarvis, Nocerino, Morrison, C.Cole, Borriello
- Brek Shea’s USMNT return includes a personal, artistic touch 3
- Wayne Rooney may play in midfield: How will Chelsea, Manchester United line up? 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 33 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Red-hot teams will keep rolling 3
- MLS Week 7 preview: RSL vs. Whitecaps, Galaxy vs. Sporting KC in the wild West 0
- Injury crisis for Manchester United as four key players to miss clash vs. Chelsea 1