Jan 29, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
Chelsea has the chance to go top of the Premier League with a win against London rivals West Ham on Wednesday night (watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra, 2:45pm ET) so all eyes will be on Stamford Bridge.
Jose Mourinho’s Blues have been in ominous form of late, winning their last seven games and keeping five clean sheets in those victories. As for West Ham, it’s been quite the opposite as Sam Allardyce’s side continue to struggle at the wrong end of the table with five defeats from their last six.
The Hammers haven’t won at the Bridge since a Paolo Di Canio inspired victory back in 2002, and will be looking to grab anything they can get from their trip across the English capital.
Mourinho has never lost at home in 70 Premier League games in charge of Chelsea.
Chelsea have won 12 of their last 15 games against West Ham, and Allardyce has picked up two points inseven games against Mourinho in his managerial career. All signs point to a Chelsea win as the Blues look to overtake Arsenal at the summit.
But can West Ham cause a huge upset?
In team news Chelsea are missing Fernando Torres and Marco van Ginkel, while new signing Mohamed Salah has not yet arrived in England. Samuel Eto’o plays up top, with Oscar Eden Hazard and Willian supporting him.
West Ham: Adrian, Demel, Tomkins, Collins, O’Brien, Noble, Taylor, Nolan, Downing, Diame, Carroll. Subs: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Jarvis, Nocerino, Morrison, C.Cole, Borriello
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 0
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 1
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5