Jan 30, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
Sky Sports is reporting that Crystal Palace have agreed to a loan deal for Blackpool winger Thomas Ince.
For well over a year the son of England legend Tom Ince has been the subject of widespread Premier League transfer speculation.
After declining a transfer to newly promoted club Cardiff City last summer, Ince re-kindled interest in moving to England’s top division this January after holding talks with Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Hull and Sunderland as he weighed up his future.
Tony Pulis‘ side appear to have won the race for his signature, as the England Under-21 international is due to believed to be traveling to London for a medical and will therafter hold additional negotiations. Whatever deal is finalized all indications are that it will be loan-only, meaning Ince will be free to negotiate with other Premier League sides this summer when his contract at Blackpool runs out.
Ince is a 22-year old attacker who possesses great pace and versatility, capable of playing wide left or just behind the lead striker. After notching 18 goals and 14 assists in 44 Championship appearances last year he’s replicated the strong form this season, scoring seven goals and chipping in 5 assists in 23 matches.
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC collapses, will remain at Barcelona 2
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 5
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 5
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 12
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 8
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 1