Jan 30, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Let’s call this the proverbial calm before the transfer deadline storm.
Thursday was the light on completed deals, but things are sure to be different by this time Friday as the January transfer window closes. (According to the chart in this story from England, final day activity in January typically out-strips final-day activity in the primary, summer transfer window. Who knew?)
There’s plenty of deal a’dangling out there, like Kurt Zouma’s potential move into Stamford Bridge; he’s a well-regarded French youth international.
And the door may be swinging both ways down the road at Craven Cottage, where Dimitar Berbatov may be on the way out, and might just pass Olympiakos man Kostas Mitroglou as he leaves. As we said, lots of “maybes” but just a few dot-signers today.
West Ham — The bunch from Upton Park finalized a short-term loan agreement for former Manchester City midfielder Abdul Razak. The Ivory Coast international (pictured above, on the right), 21, grew up in the City youth system and kicked around on loan deals before Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala bought him October.
Crystal Palace — Tony Pulis‘ side paid Blackpool a reported $1.6 million just to get the loaner services of Blackpool winger Thomas Ince. The talented attacker will spend the rest of this season at Selhurst Park and then be available on a free transfer this summer.
AC Milan — AC Milan’s win today is a small hit for Fulham, as midfielder Adel Taarabt has signed on with the Italian giants. The Moroccan international was property of QPR but that been on loan at Craven Cottage, where the Whites’ chances of remaining above the relegation red line just took a little trim. (It will take a bigger one if Berbatov leaves.) Taarabt was hardly a lineup fixture for Fulham, but Rene Meulensteen’s club needs all the help it can get.
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 0
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 0
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 22
- VIDEO: Lloyd seals amazing 16 minute hat trick with wonder goal from halfway 2
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1