Jan 30, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Since we haven’t checked in for a while on Emerson Hyndman, the 17-year-old who has made such an impression at Fulham, his team’s accomplishment Thursday is a good excused to do so.
Hyndman started, and won the ball that led to his team’s opening goal, as Fulham eliminated Tottenham and moved into the fifth round of England’s FA Youth Cup. The Cottagers will meet Manchester City in the next round following Thursday’s 3-2 win over Spurs in London.
Hyndman is the grandson of former FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman. The Cottagers’ young central midfielder, having singed his first pro deal a few months ago and training periodically with the Whites’ first team, is under contract with the West London club until 2016.
- Manchester United 4-0 QPR: Roaring first half signals intentions of new-look United 1
- Reports say Alan Pardew on thin ice as Newcastle front office eyes Hull’s Steve Bruce 0
- MLS Snapshot: Philadelphia Union 2-2 New York Red Bulls 0
- Late Turan goal gives Atletico 2-1 win at Real Madrid 0
- Saturday Premier League roundup: Chelsea win, Arsenal-Man City draw, Liverpool lose (video) 0
- Liverpool 0-1 Aston Villa: Agbonlahor’s early score leads Villa past listless Liverpool (video) 2