Jan 30, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Since we haven’t checked in for a while on Emerson Hyndman, the 17-year-old who has made such an impression at Fulham, his team’s accomplishment Thursday is a good excused to do so.
Hyndman started, and won the ball that led to his team’s opening goal, as Fulham eliminated Tottenham and moved into the fifth round of England’s FA Youth Cup. The Cottagers will meet Manchester City in the next round following Thursday’s 3-2 win over Spurs in London.
Hyndman is the grandson of former FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman. The Cottagers’ young central midfielder, having singed his first pro deal a few months ago and training periodically with the Whites’ first team, is under contract with the West London club until 2016.
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 3
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire