Jan 30, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Since we haven’t checked in for a while on Emerson Hyndman, the 17-year-old who has made such an impression at Fulham, his team’s accomplishment Thursday is a good excused to do so.
Hyndman started, and won the ball that led to his team’s opening goal, as Fulham eliminated Tottenham and moved into the fifth round of England’s FA Youth Cup. The Cottagers will meet Manchester City in the next round following Thursday’s 3-2 win over Spurs in London.
Hyndman is the grandson of former FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman. The Cottagers’ young central midfielder, having singed his first pro deal a few months ago and training periodically with the Whites’ first team, is under contract with the West London club until 2016.
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 0
- Pro-Palestinian protestors attack Israeli players on pitch in Austria 2
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 7
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 4
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1