Jan 30, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
Since we haven’t checked in for a while on Emerson Hyndman, the 17-year-old who has made such an impression at Fulham, his team’s accomplishment Thursday is a good excused to do so.
Hyndman started, and won the ball that led to his team’s opening goal, as Fulham eliminated Tottenham and moved into the fifth round of England’s FA Youth Cup. The Cottagers will meet Manchester City in the next round following Thursday’s 3-2 win over Spurs in London.
Hyndman is the grandson of former FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman. The Cottagers’ young central midfielder, having singed his first pro deal a few months ago and training periodically with the Whites’ first team, is under contract with the West London club until 2016.
- West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 0
- Premier League Preview: West Brom vs. Manchester United 0
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0