Jan 30, 2014, 4:38 PM EST
Since we haven’t checked in for a while on Emerson Hyndman, the 17-year-old who has made such an impression at Fulham, his team’s accomplishment Thursday is a good excused to do so.
Hyndman started, and won the ball that led to his team’s opening goal, as Fulham eliminated Tottenham and moved into the fifth round of England’s FA Youth Cup. The Cottagers will meet Manchester City in the next round following Thursday’s 3-2 win over Spurs in London.
Hyndman is the grandson of former FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman. The Cottagers’ young central midfielder, having singed his first pro deal a few months ago and training periodically with the Whites’ first team, is under contract with the West London club until 2016.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3