Jan 30, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Seriously, how difficult is it now to keep up with all of Freddy Adu’s whereabouts?
He’s in Portugal, right? Or, wait … no! He went to Brazil. That’s it!
What? He’s already been run out of there, too? Oh … so … back in MLS, maybe? We heard he was in the D.C. area around Christmas time. So, perhaps to a fourth MLS club?
His wandering career has been a sad litany of stops and starts, attached to an alarming geographical variety.
Turns out, the guy is training in England with Blackpool. For those keeping score, this would be his 10th team and sixth country.
But it probably won’t be. Because the chances that Adu, 24, actually catches on with the mid-table Championship side (the Championship is England’s second tier) seem pretty slim.
If he couldn’t make an impact at Philadelphia (the most recent MLS stop), and couldn’t last more than a few months for Bahia in one of Brazil’s lower tier state leagues, he’s going to be a longshot to catch on with a club in England, where the establishment and supporters frequently value hard work and tackling in the midfield as much as technical craft. That sure ain’t Adu’s game.
Besides, he might struggle to get a work permit.
But, hey, at least we know where the guy is now.
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 2