Jan 30, 2014, 8:27 AM EST
Fulham fans, wipe your eyes. Adel Taarabt is leaving the club for AC Milan.
The Morocco attacking midfielder has reached an agreement with i Rossoneri to spend the remainder of the season in Italy on loan.
The move will see Taarabt terminate his season-long loan at Fulham and sign for Milan for the remainder of the season.
Word out of Craven Cottage is that the 24-year-old has fallen out of favor with the not-so-shocking accusations being that he has lost his focus. Fulham are therefore happy to cancel his loan deal, which would normally mean the player returns to his home club, Queens Park Rangers. Problem is, QPR boss Harry Redknapp wants nothing to do with Taarabt and is happy to send him packing.
The double loan move doesn’t come at odds with FIFA rules, which stipulate that a player cannot play for more than two clubs in a season. Having never appeared for Rangers before moving to Fulham, Taarabt is free to go on-loan to Milan.
The highly-talented, mentally erratic and slightly overweight Taraabt has made 12 Premier League appearances for the Cottagers this year, starting seven contests. His zero goals and one assist won’t be missed by Fulham, who now that they have shed the dead weight can ensure playing time for more positive and effective figures like the Ashkan Dejagah, Pajtim Kasami and, hopefully, 17-year-old Moussa Dembele.
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 0
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 0
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 0
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0