Jan 30, 2014, 8:27 AM EDT
Fulham fans, wipe your eyes. Adel Taarabt is leaving the club for AC Milan.
The Morocco attacking midfielder has reached an agreement with i Rossoneri to spend the remainder of the season in Italy on loan.
The move will see Taarabt terminate his season-long loan at Fulham and sign for Milan for the remainder of the season.
Word out of Craven Cottage is that the 24-year-old has fallen out of favor with the not-so-shocking accusations being that he has lost his focus. Fulham are therefore happy to cancel his loan deal, which would normally mean the player returns to his home club, Queens Park Rangers. Problem is, QPR boss Harry Redknapp wants nothing to do with Taarabt and is happy to send him packing.
The double loan move doesn’t come at odds with FIFA rules, which stipulate that a player cannot play for more than two clubs in a season. Having never appeared for Rangers before moving to Fulham, Taarabt is free to go on-loan to Milan.
The highly-talented, mentally erratic and slightly overweight Taraabt has made 12 Premier League appearances for the Cottagers this year, starting seven contests. His zero goals and one assist won’t be missed by Fulham, who now that they have shed the dead weight can ensure playing time for more positive and effective figures like the Ashkan Dejagah, Pajtim Kasami and, hopefully, 17-year-old Moussa Dembele.
- CONCACAF aims for 50-50 crowd split for USA vs. Mexico clash at Rose Bowl 0
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0
- Wolfsburg say Kevin de Bruyne not heading to Manchester City “at this point” 9