Jan 30, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
It’s Throwback Thursday, y’all!
Well, not really. But I did come across this video concerning the shenanigans of the England National Team leading up to World Cup 1998.
In preparation for the big tournament in France members of The Three Lions decided on a game to play with the media. To keep things loose the likes of Tony Adams, Alan Shearer and Gareth Southgate tried to sneak in as many song titles as possible into their interviews with the media.
The result was funnier that one would think. And when Ray Stubbs catches wind of it and calls Shearer out on things around 1:40, the Newcastle strikers face (and response) is priceless. Enjoy.
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 0
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0
- Report: Sami Khedira to seal $20 million Arsenal move in January 1