Jan 30, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
It’s Throwback Thursday, y’all!
Well, not really. But I did come across this video concerning the shenanigans of the England National Team leading up to World Cup 1998.
In preparation for the big tournament in France members of The Three Lions decided on a game to play with the media. To keep things loose the likes of Tony Adams, Alan Shearer and Gareth Southgate tried to sneak in as many song titles as possible into their interviews with the media.
The result was funnier that one would think. And when Ray Stubbs catches wind of it and calls Shearer out on things around 1:40, the Newcastle strikers face (and response) is priceless. Enjoy.
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 8
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 3
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1