Jan 30, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
It’s Throwback Thursday, y’all!
Well, not really. But I did come across this video concerning the shenanigans of the England National Team leading up to World Cup 1998.
In preparation for the big tournament in France members of The Three Lions decided on a game to play with the media. To keep things loose the likes of Tony Adams, Alan Shearer and Gareth Southgate tried to sneak in as many song titles as possible into their interviews with the media.
The result was funnier that one would think. And when Ray Stubbs catches wind of it and calls Shearer out on things around 1:40, the Newcastle strikers face (and response) is priceless. Enjoy.
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 1
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0