Jan 30, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
It’s Throwback Thursday, y’all!
Well, not really. But I did come across this video concerning the shenanigans of the England National Team leading up to World Cup 1998.
In preparation for the big tournament in France members of The Three Lions decided on a game to play with the media. To keep things loose the likes of Tony Adams, Alan Shearer and Gareth Southgate tried to sneak in as many song titles as possible into their interviews with the media.
The result was funnier that one would think. And when Ray Stubbs catches wind of it and calls Shearer out on things around 1:40, the Newcastle strikers face (and response) is priceless. Enjoy.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6