Jan 30, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
It’s Throwback Thursday, y’all!
Well, not really. But I did come across this video concerning the shenanigans of the England National Team leading up to World Cup 1998.
In preparation for the big tournament in France members of The Three Lions decided on a game to play with the media. To keep things loose the likes of Tony Adams, Alan Shearer and Gareth Southgate tried to sneak in as many song titles as possible into their interviews with the media.
The result was funnier that one would think. And when Ray Stubbs catches wind of it and calls Shearer out on things around 1:40, the Newcastle strikers face (and response) is priceless. Enjoy.
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3