Jan 31, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Earlier on Friday Manchester United loaned out winger Wilfred Zaha to Cardiff City, now the Bluebirds have snapped up Brazilian full back Fabio De Silva on a permanent transfer for an undisclosed fee.
Fabio, 23, has found games hard to come by in recent years at United and was loaned out to Queens Park Rangers for the whole of last season.
The feisty Brazilian defender has signed on at the Cardiff City Stadium to link up with former United Reserve team manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, who is certainly using his status as a United legend to grab plenty of talented youngster which will help with Cardiff’s survival bid.
Fabio has twice been capped for Brazil, but has had to sit back and watch his twin brother Rafael make the Premier League team of the season last year and become a regular for the Red Devils. This move will give the youngster the opportunity to player regularly in the PL, under a coach he worked with at a young age when he and his brother arrived from Fluminese in 2008.
With Zaha joining Cardiff on deadline day and former United reserve team player Mats Møller Dæhli also on board, Solksjaer is banking on talented youngsters to dig the Bluebirds out of trouble.
The Norwegian boss has yet to win a Premier League game in charge in South Wales, with his side rooted to the bottom of the table and three points from safety.
A huge game against Norwich is coming up on Saturday, with the Bluebirds desperate for a win. The flurry of signings from Solksjaer on deadline day could do the business to boost Cardiff between now and May.
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 1
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire