Jan 31, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
Crystal Palace aren’t leaving anything to chance on deadline day, as manager Tony Pulis has signed two players and is close to adding two more to the ranks at Selhurst Park.
Jason Puncheon, who has been on loan to the Eagles from Southampton all season, signed permanently in a deal thought to be worth around $2.2 million. And Palace all picked up Irish goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey from Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee.
Puncehon has scored three times in his last six games for Palace, as the winger has impressed since joining on loan from Saints at rhe start of this season. As for Hennessey, he performed well for Wolves when they were in the PL just two seasons ago, but has fallen out of favor at Molinuex after refusing to play in a game earlier this month.
So that’s two in, but Blackpool winger Thomas Ince and Celtic midfielder Joe Ledley could both be on their way to South London.
Ince has been at Palace’s training ground all day and has agreed personal terms after Blackpool accepted a loan offer from the Eagles. However a potential spanner has been thrown into the works as Stoke City have placed a bid to buy the 21-year-old winger permanently, which would see Blackpool got some money for their star player.
The reason why Ince wants a loan move to Palace is that he can leave for free in the summer and become a free agent and get a lucrative signing on bonus.
As for Ledley, he’s in a similar situation as the Welshman’s deal with Celtic expires at the end of the season and the Hoops want to recoup some cash for their tricky midfielder. Ledley, 27, has been a regular scorer and has really quality on the ball.
His addition, along with a possible move for Ince, would certainly make the Eagles squad look a lot stronger for the rest of the PL campaign.
Can Pulis work his deadline day magic for Palace like he always used to at Stoke?
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 1
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 6
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3