Jan 31, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
Just do a Google Image search for Dimitar Berbatov and you’ll see why the possibility of his Deadline Day move is hilariously fitting.
The cigar-smoking, tuxedo-wearing, selfie-taking, dapper veteran was originally rumored to be headed back to his old club Tottenham as part of a swap for Lewis Holtby, but with the young midfielder already joining the Cottagers in his own loan deal, the time is right for Monaco to swoop.
However, according to French media, despite Berbatov already agreeing to a short-term loan move and completing a medical, Fulham have changed up their asking price at the last minute, now apparently demanding young defender Nicolas Isimat-Mirin in return.
The London club have been heavily linked with 30-year-old Everton defender John Heitinga, but if they can convince Monaco to part with Isimat-Mirin, they would likely pull out of the running for the former Toffees Player of the Year.
There are a lot of moving parts to this deal, but so far nothing has come to pass that suggests Berbatov won’t be finishing out the season in the tax-free French province.
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0
- Manuel Pellegrini talks title ambitions, Manchester City vs. AC Milan, US tour 1