Jan 31, 2014, 7:06 AM EDT
With just a few hours to go until the transfer deadline slams shut, there are plenty of rumors doing the rounds across the Premier League and Europe this morning.
Here’s a look at all the top gossip from across the tabloids, as the rumor mill spins into a frenzy.
Arsenal are set to make a shock move for Swedish midfielder Kim Kallstrom, as the Spartak Moscow midfielder could be the Gunners only buy on deadline day. Kallstrom, 31, is seen as an ideal short-term replacement as injuries to Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey are out injured with German star Julian Draxler not heading to the Emirates. The former Lyon midfielder will bring plenty of strength to the midfield and will bring something different to Arsenal. But is this a panic buy from Arsene Wenger?
Tottenham Hotspur winger Andros Townsend could be on his way to Old Trafford, with David Moyes a big admirer of the Spurs and England attacker. During his time in charge of Everton Moyes tried to get the 22-year-old winger on loan, and now he may flex his financial muscles to grab Townsend from Spurs. The speedy winger has been out injured for a long-time this season but should welcome a move to the Red Devils. This would be a great deal if United pull it off.
Nani hopes to seal a move to Inter Milan or Tottenham, as the Portuguese winger wants regular minutes before the 2014 World Cup this summer. Nani, 28, has been largely on the peripheries for United this campaign and with the signing of Juan Mata and the likes of Adnan Januzaj and Antonio Valencia already ahead of him in the pecking order, it would seem as though Nani’s days at United are numbered.
Cardiff City are trying to sign Caligari defender Davide Astori. The Bluebirds have been desperately adding to their squad as Ole Gunnar Solksjaer wants to give his team the best chance possible of Premier League survival. Astori, 27, has been chased by Southampton and AC Milan for quite some time, but it seems as though Cardiff are willing to stump up the cash to buy the Italian international defender.
West Ham are looking to hijack Fulham’s bid for Greek striker Kostas Mitroglou. The Olympiacos man looked to be heading to Craven Cottage but the Hammers have jumped in following Fulham’s bid of $18 million being accepted. Mitroglou, 25, is a proven goal-scorer and both London rivals are set to battle it out until the deadline for his signature.
Another forward on the move in London could be Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov, as the 33-year-old is set for a switch back to Tottenham Hotspur. The Bulgarian forward dazzled at Spurs when he first moved to England in 2006, before his big-money move to Manchester United. It’s thought that Berbatov would rather head back to Spurs than join AS Monaco in France.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes