Jan 31, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Zaha, 21, has not started in the Premier League since his $22.5 million deal from Crystal Palace last January and the winger wants to play regularly and test himself in the top-flight. Zaha has trained with Cardiff on Friday morning and posted a picture of himself wearing a Cardiff shirt on his instagram account.
After already making his England international debut in 2012 against Sweden, Zaha has seen his career falter at United with David Moyes preferring to play the likes of Adnan Januzaj, Nani and Antonio Valencia ahead of him this season following his switch from Palace.
But with new Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer using his contacts at ex-club Manchester Untied to full effect, Cardiff have a top player on their hands. With United unwilling to give Zaha minutes in the final stretch of the season as they battle for the top four, it will do everyone the world of good to see Zaha playing regularly in the PL.
This is what United boss Moyes had to say about the loan deal that sees Zaha head to South Wales:
Zaha apparently could’ve joined a whole host of PL clubs on loan but United felt Cardiff would be the best place for him to spend the rest of this season to aide his development.
This move could be the making of Zaha, as he now has the chance to push on and show everyone how good he is.
Loan deals are made for this situation, Cardiff should prosper short-term if Zaha delivers. While United will be the big winners if the young English winger shows he can do the business in the PL.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 3
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 10
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 7
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0