Jan 31, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Zaha, 21, has not started in the Premier League since his $22.5 million deal from Crystal Palace last January and the winger wants to play regularly and test himself in the top-flight. Zaha has trained with Cardiff on Friday morning and posted a picture of himself wearing a Cardiff shirt on his instagram account.
After already making his England international debut in 2012 against Sweden, Zaha has seen his career falter at United with David Moyes preferring to play the likes of Adnan Januzaj, Nani and Antonio Valencia ahead of him this season following his switch from Palace.
But with new Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer using his contacts at ex-club Manchester Untied to full effect, Cardiff have a top player on their hands. With United unwilling to give Zaha minutes in the final stretch of the season as they battle for the top four, it will do everyone the world of good to see Zaha playing regularly in the PL.
This is what United boss Moyes had to say about the loan deal that sees Zaha head to South Wales:
Zaha apparently could’ve joined a whole host of PL clubs on loan but United felt Cardiff would be the best place for him to spend the rest of this season to aide his development.
This move could be the making of Zaha, as he now has the chance to push on and show everyone how good he is.
Loan deals are made for this situation, Cardiff should prosper short-term if Zaha delivers. While United will be the big winners if the young English winger shows he can do the business in the PL.
- MLS, union come together to avoid calamitous work stoppage 5
- Wednesday’s Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Man City win; six of top seven prevail 0
- Jose Mourinho says his Chelsea team “were brothers on the pitch” in crucial win 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Chelsea: Hazard’s header enough for league leaders 0
- Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester United: Krul gaffe spoils Jonas return 4
- Swansea’s Bafetimbi Gomis stretchered off the pitch after appearing to collapse 1