Jan 31, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Zaha, 21, has not started in the Premier League since his $22.5 million deal from Crystal Palace last January and the winger wants to play regularly and test himself in the top-flight. Zaha has trained with Cardiff on Friday morning and posted a picture of himself wearing a Cardiff shirt on his instagram account.
After already making his England international debut in 2012 against Sweden, Zaha has seen his career falter at United with David Moyes preferring to play the likes of Adnan Januzaj, Nani and Antonio Valencia ahead of him this season following his switch from Palace.
But with new Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer using his contacts at ex-club Manchester Untied to full effect, Cardiff have a top player on their hands. With United unwilling to give Zaha minutes in the final stretch of the season as they battle for the top four, it will do everyone the world of good to see Zaha playing regularly in the PL.
This is what United boss Moyes had to say about the loan deal that sees Zaha head to South Wales:
Zaha apparently could’ve joined a whole host of PL clubs on loan but United felt Cardiff would be the best place for him to spend the rest of this season to aide his development.
This move could be the making of Zaha, as he now has the chance to push on and show everyone how good he is.
Loan deals are made for this situation, Cardiff should prosper short-term if Zaha delivers. While United will be the big winners if the young English winger shows he can do the business in the PL.
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 5
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- Report: Man City Prepare $278 Million Offer for Lionel Messi
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge
- Egyptian Player Banned for Using 'Sisi' Sign
- Houston Dynamo Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season