Feb 1, 2014, 8:24 AM EDT
Sunderland’s dominance in the Tyne-Wear derby continues, as the Black cats jumped into an early 2-0 lead at St. James’ Park.
In the 18th minute Adam Johnson dinked a great ball in to Phil Bardsley and as the right back entered the box, Newcastle midfielder Vernon Anita took him out and gave away a clear-cut penalty. Borini stepped up to smash the spot kick home and sent the traveling Sunderland fans wild.
Soon after it was 2-0 to Sunderland as an exchange between Jozy Altidore and Jack Colback resulted in the latter having a shot that deflected off Steven Taylor and found its way to Johnson at the back post, who tapped home to double the Black Cats lead.
Can Newcastle fight back? Click on the link above to watch live online.
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 0
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 1
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0
- MLS Roundup: Sporting climbs to first in East; RSL stays undefeated 0
- Late Martins goal gives Seattle full points at Chivas USA (video) 0