Feb 1, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
After making a splash in the January transfer window, some of Fulham’s new signings are all set for a massive home clash with Southampton (watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) on Saturday at Craven Cottage.
Rene Meulensteen picked up Kostas Mitroglou ($18 million), John Heitinga (Free) and Lewis Holtby (Loan) on deadline day, as the Cottagers look a lot stronger following their wheeling and dealing, but only Holtby is available after the others were signed late in the day.
Currently the West London club sit in the relegation zone, with three defeats in a row and they’ve lost seven of their last 10.
As for Southampton, they are comfortably in ninth and are looking to build off a positive result against Arsenal on Tuesday, as they drew 1-1.
In team news Fulham start new signings Holtby and Kvist, as Clint Dempsey drops to the bench.
Fulham: Stekelenburg; Riether, Hangeland, Burn, Richardson; Duff, Sidwell, Kvist, Parker, Holtby; Bent. Subs: Stockdale, Kasami, Kačaniklić, Rodallega, Dempsey, Tankovic, Passley
Southampton: Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert. Subs: K. Davis , Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Guly, Hooiveld, Gallagher
- D.C. United takes a point out of Columbus, but referee has some explaining to do (video) 0
- Late strike from Manneh allows Vancouver to salvage a point against LA Galaxy (video) 0
- WATCH: All the goals, highlights from Saturday in the Premier League 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 9
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video) 5