Feb 1, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
After making a splash in the January transfer window, some of Fulham’s new signings are all set for a massive home clash with Southampton (watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) on Saturday at Craven Cottage.
Rene Meulensteen picked up Kostas Mitroglou ($18 million), John Heitinga (Free) and Lewis Holtby (Loan) on deadline day, as the Cottagers look a lot stronger following their wheeling and dealing, but only Holtby is available after the others were signed late in the day.
Currently the West London club sit in the relegation zone, with three defeats in a row and they’ve lost seven of their last 10.
As for Southampton, they are comfortably in ninth and are looking to build off a positive result against Arsenal on Tuesday, as they drew 1-1.
In team news Fulham start new signings Holtby and Kvist, as Clint Dempsey drops to the bench.
Fulham: Stekelenburg; Riether, Hangeland, Burn, Richardson; Duff, Sidwell, Kvist, Parker, Holtby; Bent. Subs: Stockdale, Kasami, Kačaniklić, Rodallega, Dempsey, Tankovic, Passley
Southampton: Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert. Subs: K. Davis , Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Guly, Hooiveld, Gallagher
- Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA for ‘sexist, racist and homophobic’ text messages while at Cardiff City 3
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 4
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 9
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0