Feb 1, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
After making a splash in the January transfer window, some of Fulham’s new signings are all set for a massive home clash with Southampton (watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) on Saturday at Craven Cottage.
Rene Meulensteen picked up Kostas Mitroglou ($18 million), John Heitinga (Free) and Lewis Holtby (Loan) on deadline day, as the Cottagers look a lot stronger following their wheeling and dealing, but only Holtby is available after the others were signed late in the day.
Currently the West London club sit in the relegation zone, with three defeats in a row and they’ve lost seven of their last 10.
As for Southampton, they are comfortably in ninth and are looking to build off a positive result against Arsenal on Tuesday, as they drew 1-1.
In team news Fulham start new signings Holtby and Kvist, as Clint Dempsey drops to the bench.
Fulham: Stekelenburg; Riether, Hangeland, Burn, Richardson; Duff, Sidwell, Kvist, Parker, Holtby; Bent. Subs: Stockdale, Kasami, Kačaniklić, Rodallega, Dempsey, Tankovic, Passley
Southampton: Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert. Subs: K. Davis , Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Guly, Hooiveld, Gallagher
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0
- Tim Howard ready for USMNT return, as heroics rescue Everton 1
- Three things we learned from Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton 2
- Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: Hammers stun Reds at Anfield in fiery encounter 2
- Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace: Blues stunned at home by Eagles 5