Feb 2, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Most of the Premier League’s weekend action happened on Saturday, but with Liverpool and Arsenal paying today, both of the league’s top-table races were in focus. Liverpool were looking to increase their lead in the battle for fourth, while a win over Crystal Palace would move Arsenal first ahead of Monday’s showdown at the Etihad.
After finally finding a way through Tony Pulis‘s defense, the Gunners held up their end of the bargain, with two goals from a returning Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain leaving Arsenal in a position to capitalize should Manchester City slip tomorrow. Liverpool, however, was slowed up enough by West Brom’s defense to leave two points at the Hawthorns when a defensive gaffe gifted the Baggies a goal.
In case you missed any of it, here are all the highlights from Sunday’s action.
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 1
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0
- MLS Roundup: Sporting climbs to first in East; RSL stays undefeated 0
- Late Martins goal gives Seattle full points at Chivas USA (video) 0
- Grabavoy winner prolongs Portland’s agony against Real Salt Lake (video) 0