Feb 2, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Most of the Premier League’s weekend action happened on Saturday, but with Liverpool and Arsenal paying today, both of the league’s top-table races were in focus. Liverpool were looking to increase their lead in the battle for fourth, while a win over Crystal Palace would move Arsenal first ahead of Monday’s showdown at the Etihad.
After finally finding a way through Tony Pulis‘s defense, the Gunners held up their end of the bargain, with two goals from a returning Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain leaving Arsenal in a position to capitalize should Manchester City slip tomorrow. Liverpool, however, was slowed up enough by West Brom’s defense to leave two points at the Hawthorns when a defensive gaffe gifted the Baggies a goal.
In case you missed any of it, here are all the highlights from Sunday’s action.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 4
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0