Feb 2, 2014, 10:09 PM EST
Most of the Premier League’s weekend action happened on Saturday, but with Liverpool and Arsenal paying today, both of the league’s top-table races were in focus. Liverpool were looking to increase their lead in the battle for fourth, while a win over Crystal Palace would move Arsenal first ahead of Monday’s showdown at the Etihad.
After finally finding a way through Tony Pulis‘s defense, the Gunners held up their end of the bargain, with two goals from a returning Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain leaving Arsenal in a position to capitalize should Manchester City slip tomorrow. Liverpool, however, was slowed up enough by West Brom’s defense to leave two points at the Hawthorns when a defensive gaffe gifted the Baggies a goal.
In case you missed any of it, here are all the highlights from Sunday’s action.
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 1
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0