Feb 2, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Most of the Premier League’s weekend action happened on Saturday, but with Liverpool and Arsenal paying today, both of the league’s top-table races were in focus. Liverpool were looking to increase their lead in the battle for fourth, while a win over Crystal Palace would move Arsenal first ahead of Monday’s showdown at the Etihad.
After finally finding a way through Tony Pulis‘s defense, the Gunners held up their end of the bargain, with two goals from a returning Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain leaving Arsenal in a position to capitalize should Manchester City slip tomorrow. Liverpool, however, was slowed up enough by West Brom’s defense to leave two points at the Hawthorns when a defensive gaffe gifted the Baggies a goal.
In case you missed any of it, here are all the highlights from Sunday’s action.
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 4
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 3
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 1