Feb 2, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Most of the Premier League’s weekend action happened on Saturday, but with Liverpool and Arsenal paying today, both of the league’s top-table races were in focus. Liverpool were looking to increase their lead in the battle for fourth, while a win over Crystal Palace would move Arsenal first ahead of Monday’s showdown at the Etihad.
After finally finding a way through Tony Pulis‘s defense, the Gunners held up their end of the bargain, with two goals from a returning Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain leaving Arsenal in a position to capitalize should Manchester City slip tomorrow. Liverpool, however, was slowed up enough by West Brom’s defense to leave two points at the Hawthorns when a defensive gaffe gifted the Baggies a goal.
In case you missed any of it, here are all the highlights from Sunday’s action.
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 0
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0