Feb 2, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
When NBC Sports’ analysts last weighed in, Fulham and Cardiff City were identified as the teams in the most trouble. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and those clubs sit at the bottom of the Premier League (20th, 19th). With only 14 rounds remaining, the Cottagers and Bluebirds are running out of time to blaze a path to survival.
This weekend, Kyle Martino and Robbie Mustoe took another look at the relegation battle, one that looks slightly different in the face of recent results and the activity of the transfer window. Coming off their first league win under Ole Gunnar Solksjær, Cardiff are off the bottom and look poised to make the most of the new players they’ve brought into the squad.
Fulham, on the other hand, continue to struggle. As our Match of the Day team notes, the Cottagers’ collapse leaves questions that go beyond a transfer windows’ solutions.
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 0
- Premier, Champions League quotas leave Mourinho desperate to sell Torres 0
- Van Gaal, Manchester United ready to move on from Fellaini, Kagawa 0
- Radamel Falcao on track to return at weekend’s Emirates Cup 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Portland’s Diego Valeri 0
- The great Southampton exodus continues. Why is this happening? 6