Feb 2, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
When NBC Sports’ analysts last weighed in, Fulham and Cardiff City were identified as the teams in the most trouble. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and those clubs sit at the bottom of the Premier League (20th, 19th). With only 14 rounds remaining, the Cottagers and Bluebirds are running out of time to blaze a path to survival.
This weekend, Kyle Martino and Robbie Mustoe took another look at the relegation battle, one that looks slightly different in the face of recent results and the activity of the transfer window. Coming off their first league win under Ole Gunnar Solksjær, Cardiff are off the bottom and look poised to make the most of the new players they’ve brought into the squad.
Fulham, on the other hand, continue to struggle. As our Match of the Day team notes, the Cottagers’ collapse leaves questions that go beyond a transfer windows’ solutions.
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 0
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2