Feb 2, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
When NBC Sports’ analysts last weighed in, Fulham and Cardiff City were identified as the teams in the most trouble. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and those clubs sit at the bottom of the Premier League (20th, 19th). With only 14 rounds remaining, the Cottagers and Bluebirds are running out of time to blaze a path to survival.
This weekend, Kyle Martino and Robbie Mustoe took another look at the relegation battle, one that looks slightly different in the face of recent results and the activity of the transfer window. Coming off their first league win under Ole Gunnar Solksjær, Cardiff are off the bottom and look poised to make the most of the new players they’ve brought into the squad.
Fulham, on the other hand, continue to struggle. As our Match of the Day team notes, the Cottagers’ collapse leaves questions that go beyond a transfer windows’ solutions.
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 1
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0