Feb 2, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Liverpool look to continue their torrid run across the Premier League today as they travel to the Hawthornes to take on struggling West Brom at 830am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Both teams are headed in opposite directions, with Liverpool flying high after their Merseyside derby destruction of Everton just a few days ago, while West Brom reel from derby defeat to Villa.
Naturally, Brendan Rodgers left the starting 11 untouched after watching them pick apart a quality Toffee defense.
The win for the Reds means they are unbeaten in four, with three wins and a draw following a humbling defeat to Chelsea just before the new year.
The Baggies, however, are in serious relegation trouble only above the drop on goal difference. With just one point in their last three matches, new manager Pepe Mel is forced to stick young Saido Berainho up front with Nicolas Anelka receiving stitches in his knee and Stepahane Sessegnon remains sidelined long-term.
West Brom – Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu, Gera; Berahino, Vydra, Brunt.
Bench – Myhill, Dorrans, Anichebe, Lugano, Reid, Sinclair, Amalfitano.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel; Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho; Suarez, Sturridge.
Bench – Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Allen, Alberto, Aspas, Moses.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1