Feb 2, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Liverpool look to continue their torrid run across the Premier League today as they travel to the Hawthornes to take on struggling West Brom at 830am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Both teams are headed in opposite directions, with Liverpool flying high after their Merseyside derby destruction of Everton just a few days ago, while West Brom reel from derby defeat to Villa.
Naturally, Brendan Rodgers left the starting 11 untouched after watching them pick apart a quality Toffee defense.
The win for the Reds means they are unbeaten in four, with three wins and a draw following a humbling defeat to Chelsea just before the new year.
The Baggies, however, are in serious relegation trouble only above the drop on goal difference. With just one point in their last three matches, new manager Pepe Mel is forced to stick young Saido Berainho up front with Nicolas Anelka receiving stitches in his knee and Stepahane Sessegnon remains sidelined long-term.
West Brom – Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu, Gera; Berahino, Vydra, Brunt.
Bench – Myhill, Dorrans, Anichebe, Lugano, Reid, Sinclair, Amalfitano.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel; Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho; Suarez, Sturridge.
Bench – Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Allen, Alberto, Aspas, Moses.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 4
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0