Feb 2, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Liverpool look to continue their torrid run across the Premier League today as they travel to the Hawthornes to take on struggling West Brom at 830am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Both teams are headed in opposite directions, with Liverpool flying high after their Merseyside derby destruction of Everton just a few days ago, while West Brom reel from derby defeat to Villa.
Naturally, Brendan Rodgers left the starting 11 untouched after watching them pick apart a quality Toffee defense.
The win for the Reds means they are unbeaten in four, with three wins and a draw following a humbling defeat to Chelsea just before the new year.
The Baggies, however, are in serious relegation trouble only above the drop on goal difference. With just one point in their last three matches, new manager Pepe Mel is forced to stick young Saido Berainho up front with Nicolas Anelka receiving stitches in his knee and Stepahane Sessegnon remains sidelined long-term.
West Brom – Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu, Gera; Berahino, Vydra, Brunt.
Bench – Myhill, Dorrans, Anichebe, Lugano, Reid, Sinclair, Amalfitano.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel; Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho; Suarez, Sturridge.
Bench – Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Allen, Alberto, Aspas, Moses.
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 1
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2