Feb 3, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
Manchester City’s attack will be full-throttle against Chelsea on Monday knowing that three points will see them leapfrog Arsenal to the top of the Premier League table.
But they’ll need to take the chances they create because the staunch Chelsea defense will be sure to make life tough on the Citizens. Notorious for their ‘anti-football’ techniques when on the road against top competition, expect Chelsea to play adopt the mentality of trying to avoid a loss rather than grab a win.
Some interesting line-up changes from both sides today.
For Manchester City, Sergio Aguero‘s hamstring injury means Alvaro Negredo will partner Edin Dzeko up top, Alexandar Kolarov comes in at left-back for Gael Clichy and a late injury to Fernandinho means Martin Demichelis will partner Yaya Toure in the center of the park while Matija Nastasic will play along side Vincent Kompany in the back.
For Chelsea, Jose Mourinho makes two changes to the side that drew 0-0 with West Ham as Nemanja Matic and David Luiz come in for Oscar and Jon Obi Mikel. With Oscar dropping to the bench, expect Willian to occupy the central attacking role, flanked by Eden Hazard to the left, Ramires to the right and Matic and Luiz in the holding roles.
Should be a fantastic match all around so close the door to your office and fire up that stream or grab some buddies and head to the pub.
Manchester City (4-4-2) – Hart; Kolarov, Nastasic, Kompany, Zabaleta; Silva, Demichelis, Toure, Navas; Dzeko, Negredo
Bench – Pantilimon, Boyata, Clichy, Milner, Rodwell, Lopes, Jovetic
Chelsea (4-2-3-1) – Cech; Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic; Matic, Luiz; Hazard, Willian, Ramires; Eto’o
Bench – Schwarzer, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Oscar, Salah, Ba.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 4
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3