Feb 4, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
For the first time this season, there was not one single player born outside the UK and Ireland in the Premier Legaue Team of the Week.
Eight Englishman, two Scots and an Irishman made up the best XI from Round 24.
Plenty of Three Lions hopefuls stepped up to the plate with superb displays in big wins as Jack Colback scored and worked his backside off for Sunderland in the win over Newcastle, while Southampton duo Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert grabbed a goal each in Saints’ 3-0 win at Fulham.
Needless to say, a big weekend for the Brits in their domestic league.
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 0
- Jozy Altidore is the happiest he’s ever been, says Gus Poyet 2
- Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA for ‘sexist, racist and homophobic’ text messages while at Cardiff City 4
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 5
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 9
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3