Feb 4, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
For the first time this season, there was not one single player born outside the UK and Ireland in the Premier Legaue Team of the Week.
Eight Englishman, two Scots and an Irishman made up the best XI from Round 24.
Plenty of Three Lions hopefuls stepped up to the plate with superb displays in big wins as Jack Colback scored and worked his backside off for Sunderland in the win over Newcastle, while Southampton duo Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert grabbed a goal each in Saints’ 3-0 win at Fulham.
Needless to say, a big weekend for the Brits in their domestic league.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 5
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3