Feb 4, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
For the first time this season, there was not one single player born outside the UK and Ireland in the Premier Legaue Team of the Week.
Eight Englishman, two Scots and an Irishman made up the best XI from Round 24.
Plenty of Three Lions hopefuls stepped up to the plate with superb displays in big wins as Jack Colback scored and worked his backside off for Sunderland in the win over Newcastle, while Southampton duo Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert grabbed a goal each in Saints’ 3-0 win at Fulham.
Needless to say, a big weekend for the Brits in their domestic league.
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 0
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2