Feb 4, 2014, 8:50 AM EDT
For the first time this season, there was not one single player born outside the UK and Ireland in the Premier Legaue Team of the Week.
Eight Englishman, two Scots and an Irishman made up the best XI from Round 24.
Plenty of Three Lions hopefuls stepped up to the plate with superb displays in big wins as Jack Colback scored and worked his backside off for Sunderland in the win over Newcastle, while Southampton duo Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert grabbed a goal each in Saints’ 3-0 win at Fulham.
Needless to say, a big weekend for the Brits in their domestic league.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return