Feb 6, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
After announcing Major League Soccer will be returning to the sunny shores of South Florida on Wednesday, that was pretty much all we got from David Beckham and MLS Commissioner Don Garber.
There is much to speculate, and people have been doing just that.
What are they gonna call the damn thing?
Don’t fret ladies and gents, some stellar suggestions are already out in the public domain. Courtesy of the wonders of modern betting websites, you can also have a flutter on what you think Becks will name his club in Miami. You can also bet on the Miami franchise winning MLS Cup in the 2017 season (25/1) and then on them winning the trophy in their first five years as a side (5/1).
My personal favorite is Miami United, which I think Beckham would love to implement as he is a life-long Manchester United fan and the name would symbolize the people and different areas of Miami coming together to ‘unite’ behind their MLS side.
Here’s a list of some of the options given by this betting website, some of them are absolute beauties. Miami Goldenballs, Miami Red Devils and Miami Vice are amongst them…
And of course, please put your own suggestions in the comments below, looking forward to that!
Potential names for Miami’s new MLS franchise
Miami United 10/1
Miami Tropics 10/1
Miami Fusion 10/1
Miami Beckham United 12/1
Maybe that’s a good idea…
Miami City 20/1
Miami Metros 22/1
Miami Sevens 25/1
Miami Red Devils 33/1
Miami Vice 33/1
Miami Manatees 50/1
Miami Goldenballs 55/1
Miami Top Guns 66/1
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0