Feb 7, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
So forgive this little nugget from the Valentine’s Day files: a British dating app conducted a survey of its many participants as to what comprises the “perfect girlfriend.”
And the answer is that she must love soccer, and ideally support Manchester United.
The study looking at the ideal Valentine also found men like an Irish accent, a woman who drives a Mini Cooper, loves to eat meat eatery and is a big fan of roast dinners.
Here’s a tidbit that won’t surprise you, given the above “news”: among the perfect girlfriend’s favorite television programs is “Match of the Day.”
No word as to whether she enjoys being taken to a casual-dressed fast food dinner, followed by renting movies in a hotel room (Cough, Adnan, cough).
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0