Feb 8, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Chelsea host Newcastle at Stamford Bridge on Saturday (Watch live on USA, 10am ET, and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) as the Blues have the chance to go top of the table following Arsenal’s defeat to Liverpool.
Jose Mourinho keeps writing off Chelsea’ title chances, but they have a real chance of going top of the tree if they can beat a Newcastle team in turmoil.
The Magpies were hammered 3-0 at home by North East rivals Sunderland last weekend, had their reserve team coach resign after allegedly hitting a player and Director of Football Joe Kinnear also walked out. Not a great week for Alan Pardew‘s side.
But Newcastle have done well against Chelsea in the last few years, losing only one of their last four against the Blues from West London. Can they cause a massive upset at Stamford Bridge?
In team news Chelsea make one change from the team that beat Man City, as John Terry misses out with Frank Lampard replacing him and David Luiz slotting into the back four. Newcastle bring in Dummett and new signing Luuk de Jong to the starting lineup.
- Complete list of every transfer in the Premier League on Deadline Day 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 0
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 4
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3