Feb 8, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Crystal Palace welcome West Brom to Selhurst Park on Saturday (Watch live online, 10am ET, via NBC Sports Live Extra) for a real relegtion six-pointer in South London.
Palace have been soaring away from danger since Tony Pulis took charge back in November, and are looking for yet another shutout home win to keep the surging up the table although the Eagles are still just one place out of the dreaded relegation zone.
The Eagles have won four of their six home games under Pulis, keeping clean sheets in four of those matches and have really turned their home ground into a fortress. That doesn’t bode well for West Brom, who have won just once in their last 14 PL games and sit perilously close to the drop zone, as new manager Pepe Mel has his side one point above the bottom three.
In team news Palace start three of their new signings, with Scott Dann, Joe Ledley and Thomas Ince all making thier debuts for the Eagles. West Brom bring in Victor Anichebe after his goal against Liverpool last weekend.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Ward, Dann, Delaney, Ledley, Puncheon, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Bolasie, Ince, Chamakh. Subs: Hennessey, Parr, Gabbidon, Bannan, Thomas, Gayle, Murray
West Bromwich Albion: Foster, Jones, McAuley, Dawson, Ridgewell, Yacob, Mulumbu, Gera, Morrison, Brunt, Anichebe. Subs: Myhill, Thievy, Berahino, Lugano, Vydra, Sinclair, Dorrans
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 0
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers