Feb 8, 2014, 6:59 AM EDT
On Saturday Liverpool host Arsenal (Watch live on USA, 7:45am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) at Anfield in a mammoth clash in the top four of the Premier League.
The Gunners are top of the tree in the PL, but Liverpool have lost just once at home this season and are looking for a vital three points to propel them towards the top three.
This will be a belter.
Both teams love to stroke the ball around and with Liverpool’s deadly S.A.S. partnership of Suarez and Sturridge up against Arsenal’s mean defense, it will be a battle of wits, pace and will as to who comes out on top. In recent seasons Arsenal have fared well at Anfield with two wins in a row at the famous ground, but Liverpool are a different proposition this season.
However Liverpool have won just once in their last 13 PL games against Arsenal, but they need to step up big on Saturday if they can continue to fend off the pack of clubs behind them clambering for the final Champions League spot.
In team news Liverpool are unchanged from the team that drew 1-1 away at West Bromwich Albion last time out, while Arsenal make one change as former Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta comes in for Lukas Podolski.
Liverpool: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge. Subs: Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Moses, Aspas, Allen, Alberto
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud. Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Rosicky, Gnabry, Podolski, Bendtner
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes