Feb 8, 2014, 6:59 AM EST
On Saturday Liverpool host Arsenal (Watch live on USA, 7:45am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) at Anfield in a mammoth clash in the top four of the Premier League.
The Gunners are top of the tree in the PL, but Liverpool have lost just once at home this season and are looking for a vital three points to propel them towards the top three.
This will be a belter.
Both teams love to stroke the ball around and with Liverpool’s deadly S.A.S. partnership of Suarez and Sturridge up against Arsenal’s mean defense, it will be a battle of wits, pace and will as to who comes out on top. In recent seasons Arsenal have fared well at Anfield with two wins in a row at the famous ground, but Liverpool are a different proposition this season.
However Liverpool have won just once in their last 13 PL games against Arsenal, but they need to step up big on Saturday if they can continue to fend off the pack of clubs behind them clambering for the final Champions League spot.
In team news Liverpool are unchanged from the team that drew 1-1 away at West Bromwich Albion last time out, while Arsenal make one change as former Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta comes in for Lukas Podolski.
Liverpool: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge. Subs: Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Moses, Aspas, Allen, Alberto
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Wilshere, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud. Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Rosicky, Gnabry, Podolski, Bendtner
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0