Feb 8, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Southampton take on Stoke City at St. Mary’s on Saturday (Watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) with the Saints aiming to keep their good form going.
Unbeaten in four, Southampton have bounced back well from the resignation of former Chairman Nicola Cortese, as it’s all been about things on the field for Saints of late. A win at home on Saturday could see them leapfrog Newcastle into eight place in the Premier League.
As for visitors Stoke, they have given themselves some breathing space from the bottom free after their first-ever win over Manchester United last weekend. The give 2-1 win over United will give the Potters a huge amount of confidence heading into this one, although they’ve only won once away from home all season. That was on the opening day at West Ham.
In team news Southampton start Jack Cork and Nathaniel Clyne, who both came off th ebench in the 3-0 win over Fulham last week, while Stoke make two changes from their win over United with Muniesa and Assiadi coming into the lineup.
Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Cork, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert. Subs: K. Davis, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, Guly, Chambers, Hooiveld, Isgrove.
Stoke City: Begovic, Cameron, Shawcross, Muniesa, Pieters, Odemwingie, Adam, Whelan, Assiadi, Walters, Crouch. Subs: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Shotton, Palacios, Nzonzi, Ireland, Guidetti
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4