Feb 8, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
Southampton take on Stoke City at St. Mary’s on Saturday (Watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra) with the Saints aiming to keep their good form going.
Unbeaten in four, Southampton have bounced back well from the resignation of former Chairman Nicola Cortese, as it’s all been about things on the field for Saints of late. A win at home on Saturday could see them leapfrog Newcastle into eight place in the Premier League.
As for visitors Stoke, they have given themselves some breathing space from the bottom free after their first-ever win over Manchester United last weekend. The give 2-1 win over United will give the Potters a huge amount of confidence heading into this one, although they’ve only won once away from home all season. That was on the opening day at West Ham.
In team news Southampton start Jack Cork and Nathaniel Clyne, who both came off th ebench in the 3-0 win over Fulham last week, while Stoke make two changes from their win over United with Muniesa and Assiadi coming into the lineup.
Southampton: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Cork, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert. Subs: K. Davis, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, Guly, Chambers, Hooiveld, Isgrove.
Stoke City: Begovic, Cameron, Shawcross, Muniesa, Pieters, Odemwingie, Adam, Whelan, Assiadi, Walters, Crouch. Subs: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Shotton, Palacios, Nzonzi, Ireland, Guidetti
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 9
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 2