Feb 9, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
A last-second goal from substitute Juan Gomez Taleb sealed a point for Hellas Verona as they peg back title-favorites Juventus.
Gomez scored four minutes into extra time, completing a comeback from 2-0 down by the home side to leave the Serie A leaders with just a single point from their trip.
Carlos Tevez had a first-half brace, and it looked initially like the visitors were on their way to yet another routine league victory. Juventus owned the 2-0 halftime lead, and 71% possession at the break as well.
But Luca Toni pulled one-back just seven minutes after the break, and Gomez did the rest late.
Despite the points dropped, it shouldn’t spell too much trouble for Juventus, who remain nine points at the top thanks to Roma also finding themselves without the full spoils with a 0-0 result at Lazio.
Former Southampton striker Pablo Osvaldo also came close to scoring for Juventus, coming on as a substitute, but he clattered the post on one attempt and had another ruled out for offsides.
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 0
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2