Feb 9, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
A last-second goal from substitute Juan Gomez Taleb sealed a point for Hellas Verona as they peg back title-favorites Juventus.
Gomez scored four minutes into extra time, completing a comeback from 2-0 down by the home side to leave the Serie A leaders with just a single point from their trip.
Carlos Tevez had a first-half brace, and it looked initially like the visitors were on their way to yet another routine league victory. Juventus owned the 2-0 halftime lead, and 71% possession at the break as well.
But Luca Toni pulled one-back just seven minutes after the break, and Gomez did the rest late.
Despite the points dropped, it shouldn’t spell too much trouble for Juventus, who remain nine points at the top thanks to Roma also finding themselves without the full spoils with a 0-0 result at Lazio.
Former Southampton striker Pablo Osvaldo also came close to scoring for Juventus, coming on as a substitute, but he clattered the post on one attempt and had another ruled out for offsides.
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 5
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire
- Report: Man City Prepare $278 Million Offer for Lionel Messi
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit