Feb 10, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
It was another stunning weekend in the Barclays Premier League and while many players impressed, only 11 can make the Team of the Week.
Starting between the sticks is Swansea City goalkeeper Michel Vorm, who returned to the Swans following an extended layoff with a knee injury. His valiant effort in the South Wales derby kept Cardiff City at bay as Swansea won 3-0.
In front of Vorm is a three man defense of Kyle Walker, who’s rampaging style kept Everton’s left side on its toes, Martin Skrtel, who put the Arsenal match out of reach with two early goals and Norwich City new-boy Joseph Yobo, who led a back line that kept high-scoring Manchester City goalless.
In the midfield braces by Raheem Sterling and Kevin Nolan earned them deserved spots in the starting XI while Eden Hazard‘s incredible hat-trick against Newcastle has him the feature piece of this group. After scoring and assisting on goals in Fulham’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United, Steve Sidwell earns a nod, as does Thomas Ince who scored on his debut for Crystal Palace.
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0