Feb 10, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
It was another stunning weekend in the Barclays Premier League and while many players impressed, only 11 can make the Team of the Week.
Starting between the sticks is Swansea City goalkeeper Michel Vorm, who returned to the Swans following an extended layoff with a knee injury. His valiant effort in the South Wales derby kept Cardiff City at bay as Swansea won 3-0.
In front of Vorm is a three man defense of Kyle Walker, who’s rampaging style kept Everton’s left side on its toes, Martin Skrtel, who put the Arsenal match out of reach with two early goals and Norwich City new-boy Joseph Yobo, who led a back line that kept high-scoring Manchester City goalless.
In the midfield braces by Raheem Sterling and Kevin Nolan earned them deserved spots in the starting XI while Eden Hazard‘s incredible hat-trick against Newcastle has him the feature piece of this group. After scoring and assisting on goals in Fulham’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United, Steve Sidwell earns a nod, as does Thomas Ince who scored on his debut for Crystal Palace.
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6