Feb 10, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
We’ve seen weather or weather-related ground conditions force postponement of matches in England and elsewhere before. (That happens far more often in the lower leagues, but has certainly happened here and there at highest levels.)
And, of course, incidents of national tragedy have been responsible for matches being moved.
But a doggone transportation strike?
Tis true, as officials in London, concerned over the thoughts of prevailing chaos if a planned London Underground strike goes ahead, are now talking about postponing Wednesday’s match at Craven Cottage. High-flying Liverpool is the scheduled guest for Craven Cottage (pictured).
This would be bad news for Clint Dempsey, who has two matches remaining in his efforts to help Fulham dodge relegation.
It’s probably not great news for Liverpool, looking to capitalize on the momentum from the weekend’s big win, probably the high water mark so far under Brendan Rodgers.
(And it’s absolutely heartbreaking news for yours truly, who is making a quick trip abroad to catch a trio of matches … including this one, as tickets are already in pocket. Grrrrrr!)
Fulham officials will make a final determination Tuesday afternoon.
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- What a photo: Lazio plays to near-empty Stadio Olimpico as fans protest club president 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear